chapter 21

Luckily, everyone had managed to survive the crash, but you were now all stranded in the middle of the desert. You were sitting next to kakyoin on a rock taking the little heat he produced.

Polnareff gathered a bunch of sticks and placed them down next to Joseph who was sitting by the small fire he had set up, "Is this enough?"

Joseph poked at the flames, "Yeah, thanks."

"We survived, but..." Polnareff trailed off as he turned to look at the red haired man, "Kakyoin, what's going on? This is all your fault."

Kakyoin was covering his face as you gently rubbed his back,it's wasn't his fault and you know it "I don't know... I feel like I might have had a terrifying dream. When I woke up, I was dead tired. Is there something wrong with me?"

You leaned your head on Kakyoin's shoulder, " Noriaki, I felt the same way when I woke up. Maybe its the stand i was talking about you know the one looking like a clown..?"

Joseph snapped a stick in half and tossed it into the flames, "Cheer up. I'm sure you're just too tired. It's been about a month since we left Japan, and the enemy's been attacking nonstop ever since."

Kakyoin started to rub his left arm before raising it up to get a better  look, "I thought something hurt... There's blood again. Did I cut it when we crashed?" He pulled a handkerchief out of his pocket. "(Y/n) can you help me clean my wound you don't have to heal it "

"Ahh...alright ..I'll clean the wound for you." He handed you the cloth and you gently wiped the blood away. You stopped as you rolled up his sleeve, knowing what you'll see"Wait, the cuts form letters. Baby Stand."

Kakyoin was confused , "W-What does that mean. It's my handwriting. I can't remember..." He clutched the back of his head with one hand, "Did I do this to myself?" He took out his pocket knife only to see there wasn't any blood on it but the wound seemed to match the shape of the blade. "Did I forget something really important?"

You replied , "If this helps, I feel like I'm forgetting something too. Like it's on the tip of my tongue but I can't quite reach it. Perhaps you did this knowing you'd forget."

Kakyoin looked away from his arm and at that same moment the baby turned away. "Baby... Stand...?" He gasped, "Baby... Stand." He stood up, shuffling towards the baby, almost in a trance-like state. You know Kakyoin was trying to tell himself that the baby was a Stand user. The red haired man lifted the baby out of the basket only for it to immediately start bawling it's eyes out.

"Hey, Kakyoin! What are you doing?" Joseph ran over and took the baby from Noriaki, "Come on, that's too rough. You could strangle him doing that. What's wrong with you?"

Kakyoin just stared at the baby as if he wasn't really sure himself, "M-My apologies..."

You walked to Kakyoin's side, "Actually we believe that the baby..." You trailed off as Kakyoin pulled his sleeve down to cover the wound and gave a look that told you to be silent.

"There, there, it's alright." Spoke Joseph as he rocked the baby up and down. He turned to look at you, "Huh, (Y/N), did you say something?"

Kakyoin intertwined his hand with yours, gripping it tightly. You shook your head, "No, nothing..."

Joseph shrugged, before giving his attention back to the baby, "I'm sure you'll calm down once you eat. There, there, everything's okay."

Polnareff seemed to be trying to speak quietly but you could still hear him, "Hey, Jotaro. It looks like Kakyoin's really losing it." The Kujo grunted in agreement. "Is he gonna make it through this trip?"