chapter 43

Never gonna give you up never gonna let you down.. (ノ゚Д゚)

Star Platinum's punch headed straight for Dio's head.

"Stop time! The World!"

In the next moment, Jotaro's Stand's fist bashed through Dio's skull as the Kujo stood up. He tightly held his injured arm, "I went through hell there... But even if you stop time, I'm still going to blow your head off, Dio." The vampire's body was slammed into a nearby staircase. "Finally... Finally, I was able to bash his head in. But that bastard Dio is a monster who survived a hundred years at the bottom of the ocean. I can't believe he's dead yet."

You jogged over to Jotaro, "that's right." You gave him an apologetic look, "And... sorry about shooting you. I was really just trying to get him to not kill Polnareff." You briefly looked over his various wounds, healing his wounds and getting a bit hungry in return.

He shrugged, "It just shows that you knew I was strong enough to handle it." He noticed a bucket and then glanced over to an abandoned car. Knowing  what he wanted to do, so you went to retrieve the pail as he shuffled over to the car.

"I'll kill you..." Promised Dio as he placed a hand over the head wound that was gushing blood everywhere. He attempted to stand up only to collapse onto the ground, "W-What is this? Impossible! M-My legs... I can't move my legs! I can't stand!" Star Platinum punched a hole in the car and let all the fuel pour into the bucket. Dio clasped his head with his hands, "I have a headache... a-and nausea... How could this happen? Me, Dio, feeling sick? My head's been destroyed so I can't get up?!"

You crouched down in front of him, although still out of his reach. "Your head is the only part of the body that's actually yours. It makes sense that everything else would go finicky once that was destroyed. It seems you aren't as immortal as you'd like to think." His eyes widened and he seemed almost terrified.

Jotaro dumped the bucket of fuel onto the vampire, "I covered you with gasoline so I can track your smell. I feel bad kicking a guy when he's down. Nah. I don't feel bad about this at all." He tossed the now empty pail behind him, "A lot of innocent bystanders are dead because of you." Jotaro ignited his lighter.

Dio started laughing maniacally and he managed to push his torso off the ground to raise his arms above him, "The World!" The vampire was then holding on to the bumper of a car that sped on past.

You and Jotaro ran out to the road as Dio's ride turned a corner. The Kujo cursed under his breath, "Damn it. He must have been listening for nearby cars. But..." He pulled out the knife lodged in his shoulder. "I can't let him get away!" Star Platinum came out to aid in his user's throwing of the blade which ended up making the vampire loose his grip and tumble down the road.

Taking a look around, Jotaro had suddenly vanished from sight. The only other noticeable difference being the open manhole near your feet. You raised an eyebrow, knowing the Kujo had gone down there. Then you saw him pop out of the manhole Dio had moved to try and hide in.

"Give up, Dio." Ordered Jotaro as he jumped out of the sewers and onto the street.

The vampire's hands were shaking as he propped himself up to keep at least his torso off the ground. He quickly grabbed the knife that Jotaro had thrown, getting ready to chuck it at the high schooler. "The World. Sto-" He was cut off by another brutal punch to the face. Then another and another, before Dio practically flew down the street. Despite his rather disfigured state, he spoke haughtily, "You fell for it, Jotaro! This is my escape route! You have lost in the battle of wits against me, Dio! Doesn't this street look familiar?" His body then thudded against the ground.

You weren't sure if the Joestar was conscious or not, but shouted at him anyways, "Joseph, quick! Use your Hamon or something!"

Jotaro let out a shocked grunt as he listened to your words, "What?! Don't tell me..."