chapter 40

♪☆\(^0^\) ♪(/^-^)/☆

Without bothering to elaborate on his plan, Kakyoin started to swing between building using Hierophant Green. Joseph did the same but with Hermit Purple. You are still in susanoo armour and about to pick up Iggy when Kars took form in front of you and crouched down to lift up the dog into his arm.

Seeing this susanoo then jumped into the air from building to building following your other companions as kars fly behind with Iggy. The dog's tongue lolled out of its mouth as the wind blew past. You could make out the form of Dio as he followed after you from several meters away.

Kakyoin swung onto a small platform near a clock tower. He ushered for you, Joseph, and Iggy to maintain your distance as his Stand began to spread all around the area in thin strands that were barely noticeable even if you knew where to look for them.

Susanoo voice rang through your mind, "what is Kakyoin doing if I may ask "

"he's going to find out how long Dio can stop time"you replied.

Kars then spoke, as he patted Iggy on the back "didn't you already know? "

You sighed, "of course I already tried to tell them once but got interrupted , I guess I just have to let him find it out himself"

"so we just have to stay close to Kakyoin right? Since He is the one attacking, so the most likely outcome is that he'll be the one receiving the brunt of Dio's attack." finished susanoo.

The ultimate being added "You want him to live, right?"

You nodded. " yeah I do I hope the author know what's they're doing.."

"Then let's stay close to him, and I'll do what I can to anticipate the vampire's actions." Susanoo added knowing kars wouldn't want to participate unless it was your order.

Kars insisted on bringing Iggy instead of leaving him with Joseph

Kars insisted on bringing Iggy instead of leaving him with Joseph. The four of you took a leap next to Kakyoin.

The high school student gave you a worried look as he put his hand on your armored shoulder, "(Y/N), you should keep your distance. I don't want you getting hurt."

You grabbed his sleeve, "It'll be fine if I get hurt, you know that. I'm much more worried about you. It's not that I doubt your abilities, but Dio is unlike anyone you've faced before and a little extra protection never hurt anyone. You don't need to do this alone."

He gave a sad smile as he cupped your face with one hand, "That's right. I'm not alone. Not anymore."

Your focus shifted as Dio approached closer. He went to land on a nearby building but ended up landing right on a part of Hierophant, triggering an Emerald Splash from a multitude of directions. The vampire was quick to block them with his arms, not even bothering to use his Stand. His movements became faster and angrier with each attack. He gave an annoyed 'tch' when one managed to rip a hole through his red cloak.