Chapter 56 🗿

You guys do know that (Y/N) power is just her copying them from the anime she had watched right? Right...?

Anubis had already ate the honey bun you gave him yesterday and he was now happy and no longer upset about the Uno incident.

"So, JoJo, as I was saying, Anjuro's Stand was possessing some dude at the store yesterday." You said a bit too nonchalantly.

"(Y/N), this is serious. Why didn't you tell me earlier?" Grumbled the impatient Jotaro on the other side of the phone who continued talking when you didn't immediately respond, "Okay... I'm going to go call Josuke now. I haven't finished telling him what I needed to yet. Next time something happens involving an enemy, tell me immediately." He hung up.

You twirled a pen around your finger as you set your phone on the desk, only to immediately drop it as you dodged the pillow flying over your head. Anubis, Iggy and N'doul had decided to play pillow fight in your office, N'doul who was the one that throw that pillow approached you with his cane in hand.

He gave you a closed eyes smile, "Apologies ,I didn't 'see' you there." The phone rang again and he picked it
up. "Hello? Yes, this is her roommate." His smile faded and he sighed. "Yes. I shall relay what you have stated."

"What is it, N'doul?"

He adverted his blind gaze away, "It is not important. I am certain it is nothing but nonsense. That man from the other day was simply saying that he had managed to catch a Stand or something and he wants you to go over right away. But he said he already told Jotaro, so surely you do not need to go as well?"

"Stand? Could he mean Anjuro's? I really should be going, N'doul." The blind man stood in front of you blocking your way.

Then Anubis who had heard everything also came blocking your way, as he crouched down slightly to be on eye level with you. They seemed sad, which was unusual, "You've just gotten back, and lately you've barely been home at all. Surely you do not need to leave now. Play with us." Anubis handed the pillow out to you, waiting for you to take it.

"I'm sorry, Anubis.. N'doul... Really, I am." Anubis grumbled as he and the blind man begrudgingly moved out of the way. You went downstairs and took Dio into your pocket.

A few minutes later you were knocking on the door of the Higashikata residence. Josuke opened it, "Oh, hey (Y/N). Come on in. My mom isn't home right now, but Jotaro's on his way over." He led you to his living room and picked up a glass flask filled with water off of the side table. He gave it a quick shake and the Stand became visible. "It's the same one from before, right? I didn't see the guy anywhere, but my mom did when he disguised himself as a milkman. I've just been playing games while I wait for Jotaro. Wanna join?"

You took a seat next to him on the floor and he tossed you a remote. It was some sort of baseball game. You didn't even notice the sound of the door opening when his grandpa came home, but the cocking of a gun near Josuke was unmistakable.

"Freeze." The Freshman did as told, his eyes going to his grandpa, "Josuke, why aren't you at school instead of playing games with your lady friend over here?"

"Are you allowed to take your gun home, gramps?" Josuke tried to keep focus on the gun and the screen.

"Shut up and answer the question!"

"I-I'm going! We're just waiting for someone right now." He attempted to move further away as the barrel of the weapon was pressed against his head.

His grandpa pulled away, "You fool. This is just a model gun." He gave a joyous laugh, "Scaredy-cat! I guess I win the first round in our weekly contest to scare each other." He leaned on his grandson's shoulder and pointed at you, "So, you gonna introduce me?"