chapter 39

(◐∇◐*)

Dio chuckled and spoke again "but I am delighted to see you have returned so willingly. Perhaps you were considering my proposal?"

"Nahhh in your dream " You responded as Iggy gave a low growl. "I don't care if my companion is not immortal I'd rather be with them then with you "

He put a hand over his heart, "Oh, how much you wound me (y/n), that just make me want you more.. But If you do join me I'll even let you keep that dog if you'd like. I don't mind a pet or two."

Polnareff took a step towards the vampire, "Dio!"

"Yes, yes, I see you too, Polnareff." Dio slowly clapped his hands, "Congratulations, by the way. You've avenged your sister, and managed to travel from the Far East to make it here."

Polnareff gave a harsh laugh, "If you want to give me a prize for that, how about you give me your life?"

Dio's laugh reverberated throughout the room, "I'll give you all a chance. Walk down two steps, and I'll let you join my side. But if you'd rather die, then climb those stairs.

You exchanged a glance with your
companions and took a synchronized step upwards. But it came apparent quite quickly that things hadn't exactly gone as planned. You were held in his arms. Without hesitation, you pushed against his chest trying to get away . He didn't budge in the slightest his vampires strength combined combined with the yellow arm holding you in place make it hard even for you . Out of the corner of your eye you could see Polnareff, and Iggy all standing two steps lower than before while looking confused.

Dio eventually did pull away from you but still hold you in place next to him to poke fun at the others for his little prank, "I have to say, I didn't expect all of you to want to join me, Dio." They tried again only to be reverted to the same position. Sure, Dio could apparently stop time, you laughed a little did he really use it to move two beings down the stairs? "What's the matter? All of you are beginning to lose your composure. Doesn't one lose their composure when they're afraid? Or is it that in your heart, you know you must climb up, but you're so terrified your body subconsciously did the opposite and went down? "

He continued to ignore your struggles. Getting out of his hold was difficult, you were sure you had used all of your raw strength even your vein was apparent front your temple and neck. Of course you could had just use your stand or your power or just called out Hajun name. but it was not the time yet as you were planning to use it for later fight.

"Say, have you ever considered why humans wish to live?" Dio began to walk over to his throne just a few paces away from his current position with you still held tightly against him. His heels clicked with each step. "Humans live hoping to conquer their anxieties and fears, and attain peace of mind." by this time you had already give up on getting away and just let the story continues. He took a seat and slowly began caressing your (h/c) hair. "Seeking fame, controlling others, and acquiring wealth are all done to achieve peace of mind. Marriage and friendship are also pursued as means of attaining peace of mind. When humans say they wish to help others, or that a thing is done for love or justice... It's all merely to give themselves peace of mind. To achieve peace of mind is the goal of all mankind. Now, seeing that, what anxiety could you possibly feel towards serving me? Any other peace of mind will come easily if you do. Now, doesn't facing me even knowing that it may spell your death, bring you anxiety?"

Dio places his ear against your chest, relishing in the sound of your quickening heart rate . "Polnareff, your such a powerful Stand user. It'd be a waste to kill you. So why not leave the Joestar's and the others to serve (Y/N) and I for eternity? I can promise you peace of mind." you pushed his head away from your chest not liking the fact that he had already think about you being with him. You only wanted his stand not him.