▸ CHEER SPIRIT

CHEER SPIRIT

CHEER SPIRIT

Friday the 8th of September

Percy throws a twig and laughs when I miss the dance move. I'm thrown out of time and forced to start again. I remove my shoe and launch it at Percy's smug face. He jumps to the side and the sneaker bounces off the table and onto the grass.

"You bloody asshole, you're getting on my last nerve!"

In-between laughter, he throws another twig. Samantha rolls her eyes and sighs.

"Throw another stick and I'm going to shove it so far up your-" I turn away once I catch Jewels staring at me. If I continue on with all the ways I'd like to beat him, she'll assume its flirting.

Sadly, I don't think we're ever going to be friends.

I take a deep breath, I loosen my shoulders and start again.

I clap my hands, shake my booty and as I go to jump, hands grab my waist. Percy lifts me into the air, then spins me around.

"Sorry, Charlie, I was just teasing."

He places me on the grass, then hands my shoe back.

"Thanks for the apology."

"Let me see if I can help."

Percy stretches his arms and legs before jumping in line with Samantha. He tries to follow along, but Samantha's high kicks are too hard because of his restricting slacks.

However, it is hilarious to see him attempt to follow along.

Percy is out of beat and does the moves backward. Halfway through the routine, he flops on the grass and shouts, "You've wrecked me, I give up."

"See, not that easy." Samantha shakes her head.

"Exactly."

"But Charlie, if you can't do this, how are you going to dance at my party tonight?"

"What are you talking about?"

"I'm throwing a 'welcome back to school' party."

"You never said anything to me about it."

"Now you don't have an excuses, plus I know where you live and I will drag you if I have to."

"Ugh, I know, that was a mistake." I roll my eyes.

"Too bad sucker!"

The bell rings, so we grab our bags and head to woodwork. George and Percy terrorise each other while I drag my feet on the way to Noah's office.

Someone coughs and I jump. I turn around and catch Noah's eyes lingering on my thighs.

"Is there something you want?" I chuckle.