▸OLD FRIENDS

OLD FRIENDS 

OLD FRIENDS 

June 2019

Noah parks near the back of the restaurant and cuts the engine. He weaves his fingers through mine and kisses the back of my hand. I lean over the console and cup his cheek. His beard is wiry, but his skin is warm.

"Last chance, baby. We can go home and snuggle on the couch. I'd much rather spend the night with you, we don't have many of them left."

"Dinner and drinks will only last a couple of hours, then I'm all yours." I smile.

He grabs my wrists and places my hands on his chest. I slide them down his chest and he closes the space between us and kisses me. He licks my lower lip and tangles his tongue with mine.

We rest our foreheads together and I brush my nose against his. His breath is warm and tickles my lips.

"Samantha is going to flip when she realises you're at the bar." I sigh.

"Would you like me to tell her we're dating?" He chuckles.

"And spend the whole night being interrogated? No. I just want to catch up with old friends, devour good food and have some drinks. I can't deal with Samantha and her antics."

"Anyone dealing with Samantha would need a couple of drinks." Noah laughs.

"Oh shit, I'm underage here." I pout.

"Just give me the word and I'll take us home."

I steal a kiss before dragging myself out the car. If I don't leave now, I might never make dinner with the girls.

"I love you and I'll see you soon."

Noah remains in the car while I run inside. I spot the girls on a table near the middle of the restaurant but there isn't a great view of the bar, however, I don't know how observant Samantha is.

Annika spots me and waves her hand above her head. I subtly wave and weave between the tables to meet them.

"Hi everyone."

Elle and Samantha mutter hello as I take a seat across from Samantha. Elle passes me a menu and I scan through the list until I find a classic burger with chips.

"I don't know about you guys, but I'm so hungry."

"Let's order food so we can continue our catch up," Samantha says.

Samanther hails a waitress and we take our turns ordering food. I order a couple of sides and the burger which has Samantha's eyes going wide. She orders her usual side salad.

"I thought you'd be on a diet considering you're surfing professionally now."

"It's all in moderation." I smile. "Plus I'm on holiday, so maybe I'll squeeze chocolate ice cream or a mousse."