▸NEW ADVENTURES

NEW ADVENTURES

NEW ADVENTURES

December 2021

Noah scribbles out the completed jobs while I make him a sandwich. I take a bite before sliding the plate across to him.

"Do we really need to weed the garden? It's about to snow." Noah raises his eyebrow.

"I just want our house to look amazing."

"Madison and Charlie aren't going to care if the garden bed is weeded." He chuckles.

"Okay, you can strike that off the list."

"Thank you." He leans across the bench and I kiss his lips.

The doorbell rings and Noah smiles at me.

"Are we expecting something?" I frown.

"I don't know." He shrugs.

There's a sparkle in his green eyes which makes my stomach churn with excitement. I race to the front door and swing it open. Madison launches herself at me and we tumble to the ground.

"Surprise," she cheers.

"I can't believe you're here! You should have told us."

"Well I wanted to surprise you." She beams.

Noah enters the room and helps us off the ground, just in time for Percy to wander in with a vibrant redhead. Percy places the suitcases on the ground and wraps his arm around her waist.

"Everyone, this is Nicole."

"Hi Nicole, welcome to our home," Noah greets. "I'm Noah and this is my wife, Charlie."

"It's wonderful to finally meet you. Your home is so warm and cozy, and thanks for letting us stay here, we appreciate it so much."

I glance at Percy and with a tight smile, I say, "You're welcome."

Nicole looks between us and nervously laughs.

"How about this weather! It feels like Christmas with the snow. I can't wait to build a snowman or have a snowball fight."

"Do you want to build a snowman?" Madison sings.

Nicole giggles and the two share a look.

"You're so lucky to live somewhere it snows, it's absolutely magical."

Percy and I look at each other and laugh.

"What's so funny?" She glances between us.

"I said the same thing to Percy when I moved here, but now I know better."

"How can you hate the snow?" Nicole gasps. "It's the perfect weather for cuddling up by the fire and drinking hot chocolate."

"It's cold, wet and a pain in the ass to shovel."