▸HOME

HOME

HOME

Saturday the 18th of November

Spending three days apart feels longer than spending a week on the other side of the world. I assume it's because Noah is so close, yet so far away. What are you doing to me Noah?

Noah pulls our suitcases from the conveyer belt and smiles. I throw my arms around his body and he chuckles. He cups my cheek and softly kisses my forehead. His warm breath tickles my skin and sends a shiver crawling down my spine.

"Message me when you're safe." I pout.

"Don't worry about me, I'll be fine."

"You've never been to Australia, of course I'm going to worry about you."

"I'll survive." He laughs. "You guys might speak another kind of English, but it's still English."

Noah kisses me and before he can pull away, I tighten my hold which makes him laugh. He rubs my back and I sigh as I unhook my arms from around his neck.

"I'll see you soon, Charlie."

"See you later then." I frown.

"Don't be sad." He pokes my shoulder, so I tug on a smile. "Much better."

"Goodbye, Noah." I wave.

Noah grins as he wheels his luggage towards the exit. I wait until he's gone, otherwise I might be tempted to run away with him.

I remove my jumper and lug my suitcase outside and into the sunny weather. I scan the crowd and smile as Maddison races across the pavement.

"Charlie," she screams.

"Mads!" I squeal.

She leaps into my arms and I stumble back, almost knocking into a couple walking past. I secure my arms around her waist and we spin around in circles.

"I can't believe you're here!" She grins.

"I've missed you too."

"How was the plane ride? Get much sleep?"

"It was alright." Mostly because I had Noah to cuddle and fall asleep next too.

"Let's get you home and caffeinated for tonight." She chuckles.

"I like the sound of this." I smile.

"I have so much to tell you." She squeals.

Maddison takes the suitcase and we lug it to her car. We drive through the city and as the tall buildings fade into houses, Maddison arrives at an old apartment block. Maddison parks and I unload my things and drag them up a few flights of stairs.

She opens the door and her apartment is amazing considering the decomposing exterior. Everything, including the furniture, looks brand new.

"It's small but its home." Mads shrugs.

"You're so lucky to live alone." I sigh.

"So true! How's high school going?"

"It's." I shrug. "I would rather be in Australia with you surfing every day."

"Everyone is looking forward to seeing you at Jen's birthday party."

"I can't wait to see everyone."

"Would you like to shower?"

"Yes, please."

I take the suitcase into the bedroom and Maddison brings me a clean towel. I find some clothes and head to the bathroom. The water is warm and does wonderful things for my muscles. Having Noah to cuddle was amazing but it didn't do any favours to my muscles.

Once I'm clean and dry, I change into jeans and a floral tank top. Maddison squishes into the bathroom and we do our makeup.

"Let's grab Chinese before we meet everyone, then I'll fill you in on what you've missed."

"Sounds good." I smile.

* * * * *

Consuming Chinese before heading to a nightclub was a terrible idea, but the food was so delicious and I've missed dinner conversations with Maddison.

We line up outside the nightclub and I tap my foot to the music. The bouncer checks my I.D and another girl hands us a sweet drink deal. I snap a dark, blurry photo of us and post it to Facebook with the location tagged. I show this to the bartended and I get a free drink.

Maddison takes my hand and I empty the drink and ditch it on a passing table. We find the girls and I'm swarmed with hugs. I pull Maddison to the side and we dance to a pop song.

I haven't had enough to drink to dance, so I awkwardly shuffle and wave my arms around. Maddison grins at someone behind me and I roll my eyes.

"Don't you dare bring someone home!"

"Can we make an exception for him, though?"

I subtly peer over my shoulder and my mouth drops.

"Charlie." Percy smiles.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"I couldn't let you have all the fun." He chuckles.

"What did you do?" I frown.

"I fought with my parents and decided I needed a break."

"Do they know you're here?"

"I'll message them tomorrow."

"Percy!"

"Are you going to introduce me to your friend?"

"Maddison, this is Percy."

"You're ex-boyfriend Percy?" She sighs.

"Yes." I nod.

"Am I interrupting something?"

"It's not like that." I shake my head.

"Oh."

"We'll talk more about this tomorrow, okay?"

"Yes, Mum?" He laughs.

I smack Percy's shoulder and he laughs.

"Who wants a drink? I'm keen for a drink." Percy grins.

They drag me to the bar and I order a couple of drinks. Noah will be furious but that's a problem to worry about tomorrow. I've waited too long to be here, I won't let it ruin my night.