▸MISSING YOU

MISSING YOU

MISSING YOU

JANUARY 2019

Noah exits the terminal and I race through the crowd and leap into his arms. He tightly holds me against his chest as he swings me around. I nuzzle into the crook of his neck and inhale his familiar scent of chamomile and peppermint.

He cups my cheeks and crashes his lips against mine. I wrap my arms around his waist and squish him closer, soaking in his warmth. Even though we talk all the time, I've missed having him at arm's length and against my body.

"Hey, baby." He smiles.

"I can't believe you're here with me. How was the flight?"

He strokes my cheek and smiles.

"Long and boring but all worth it."

"Hopefully next time I can come to you."

Noah sleepily rubs his eyes and nods.

"Let's grab your things and get you to bed."

Noah follows me to the conveyor belt and I scan over the bags in search of his. When the bag appears, he bats my hand away and pulls the suitcase off. I roll my eyes and shake my head.

"I appreciate the help, but I can do it myself." He smiles.

"Oh Noah." I shake my head.

He takes my hand and I lead him out of the airport and to the car. When we arrive at the apartment, Noah discards his suitcase to bask in the beautiful sight of the city. It's much better at night with the twinkly lights.

Once he's finished basking in the view, he looks around the apartment and crinkles his nose.

"You haven't decorated the apartment. I thought you'd at least buy some cushions or display some photos."

"What's the point in decorating? Sometimes I'm gone for weeks and I don't plan on living here forever. Wouldn't it be a waste buying decorations when I should be saving for a house?"

"A cushion and a couple of photo frames won't break the bank." He chuckles.

I shrug my shoulders and sigh.

"You need a place that feels like home."

"You still need a place that feels like home."

"You are my home."

"Well, a home away from home, silly."

"Maybe we can go shopping and pick out some cushions?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Tomorrow?" Noah yawns. "I didn't sleep much on the plane."

"Of course, come to bed, you should sleep."