▸ REST

REST

REST

Tuesday 12th of September

Percy's car is parked in the driveway and he leans against the bonnet as he scrolls through his phone. I shut the door and bound down the stairs. His head snaps up and he scowls.

"Stop that before you hurt yourself even more."

He takes my bag and tosses it over his shoulder. I roll my eyes and follow Percy to the car.

"You don't need to do this, I'm fine."

"Let me help because we know this is my fault."

"Talk to your parents and we'll call it even." I smile.

Percy opens the door for me and grins.

"I spoke to them last night and they don't care if we don't date."

"See, I was right about talking to your parents."

"Mum was okay after I told her about your accident. I have you to thank for that."

"Perhaps someone carrying my bags around would be nice." I smile.

Percy smiles as he races around to the driver's seat. Once he's buckled in, his phone is tossed on my lap and I continue with his education of Australian music.

When we reach school, he carries my bag to the first class and even puts the books on my desk. I hope Jewels doesn't hear about this because I don't want another sprained wrist.

For second period, I'm sent to the library to study. I flash a bright smile to the librarian, I hope this works.

"Would it be okay if I go to the woodwork room? I have an assignment to work on."

"Do you have any other studies?"

"I've done everything else."

"If it's okay with Mr. East, you can go."

"Thank you. Do I need to get something signed?"

The woman writes me a note and I hurry away.

Now's the perfect time to collect the remainder of the supplies, so I head to the art room and borrow some paint. I chuck most of it in my bag, but I struggle to carry the coloured card because moving my wrist is a little sore.

I walk to the woodwork room and tap my shoe against the door.

Noah answers the door and music spills from the room.

"Hi." I smile.

"What are you doing? You're supposed to be resting."

"Yeah, well." I don't have anything to defend myself with.

"If you needed help, you could have asked."

"Can you take the cardboard then? I also have paint in my bag that needs to go with the other supplies."