▸MOVING ON

MOVING ON

MOVING ON

February 2021

Noah trails kisses down the length of my arm and stops once he reaches my fingertips. He slides his arm around my waist and tugs me impossibly closer to his muscular chest. He nuzzles his face into the crook of my neck and plants a kiss there.

His lips find a ticklish spot and I squirm under his tight grip.

"Noah." I gasp between laughter.

"Yes?" He softly trails his fingertips across my arm, which makes me squirm a little more.

"What are you doing?" I raise an eyebrow.

"What would you like me to do?"

I wiggle around until our noses are touching. He glances at my lips and I close the space between us. His lips are smooth and warm against mine, but also eager and hungry. I twirl my fingers through his brown hair and gently tug on it.

"Hey there," Percy awkwardly comments.

Noah sighs while I jerk back and bloom red, just like a school girl who's been caught kissing her boyfriend, except this is our home and he's my husband.

Percy's standing by the end of the couch looking sheepish.

"What's wrong?" Noah questions.

"I'm moving out."

Noah's heavy mood quickly shifts while I scramble off the couch.

"Oh Percy, that's so exciting! Where are you moving to?"

"Australia."

"What? When?" I gasp.

"Plane leaves on Friday afternoon."

"What about Brooklyn, I thought you two were in love?" I glance at Noah for something, but he just squeezes my hand.

Percy shrugs, but I see the sadness looming in his eyes.

"We broke up."

"Oh no." I frown. "What happened?"

"Nothing is working out and I'm not happy here. I need a fresh start somewhere else." He shoves his hands into his pockets and stares at the ground.

I open my mouth but Noah squeezes my hand and shakes his head.

"Moving to Australia sounds like a great adventure! Let us know if you need help packing or shipping things across. Always remember there's space for you here, whenever you need it, for however long you need it."

"Thank you." He nods.

Percy leaves and I poke Noah's side and glare. Noah tugs me to his side and tilts his head to the side, a thoughtful look playing on his features.