▸CHANCE OF SNOW

CHANCE OF SNOW

CHANCE OF SNOW

Thursday the 7th of December

Rain sprinkles around us so we put the snowflakes away. As much as I'd like it to snow, I'm thankful it doesn't because Samantha would tell us to use it as inspiration and I need a break because I can't feel my fingers.

Samantha stops counting the snowflakes and frantically waves her arms.

"Hi Mr. East, do you have a second?"

Noah crosses the grass and tucks his hands into his pockets.

"Hi Samantha." He sighs. "Is there something I can help you with?"

"We have a dance meeting on Friday at Percy's house if you'd like to join. We could use some additional help or if you'd just like to be updated on the progress."

Samantha flutters her eyelashes and subtly pushes her chest out while Percy rolls his eyes. I internally chuckle because she's too late. He's all mine.

Noah's gaze flickers between us, creating an awkward silence.

"I have plans this weekend, but I'll see if I can swing past."

"Oh okay."

"Is there anything else?"

"No, thank you Mr. East."

Noah leaves and I slump against the table in thought. We always spend the weekend together so is that why he can't come to Percy's or is there something else?

When lunch ends, Percy drags George from Elle and I chase after the pair. Flecks of snow fall from the sky and I jump with excitement.

"It's snowing. It's actually snowing!"

I twirl around and bump into George. Percy yanks on my hand and my shoes skid across the pavement as I'm dragged into the classroom.

"You'll get a detention if you're late."

"It's snowing." I pout.

"Do you want a detention?" He raises an eyebrow.

Noah will say I have detention because he doesn't want anyone to suspect favouritism, but he'll give me detention because we like more alone time together, but if Percy is with me, then it'll just be regular detention and I'd rather avoid that.

I follow Percy inside and take a seat at the work bench.

Noah talks about something but I stare at a wall lost in thought. I wish there were windows so I could see what I'm missing out on.