▸JEALOUSY

JEALOUSY

JEALOUSY

Samantha's mouth drops as I twirl into the dance room. The cobalt blue skirt flutters before falling against my thighs.

"I wasn't sure about the leotard but it's surprisingly comfortable."

"You have the blue skirt?"

"Yes." I nod.

"Can we swap? The blue one looks better with my complexion."

"But Samantha, the bright red one is perfect for you. It's bright and attention-seeking like you." Annika laughs at her own joke.

"I'm not an attention seeker."

"We're not allowed to trade colours because the teacher has colour coded everyone."

"Charlie isn't trading anyways, she looks too good in the blue to switch for that awful red one." Percy cuts between Annika and Samantha to stand beside me.

"Sorry." I frown.

We ignore the pouting Samantha, so she leaves to pester someone else. I'm sure she'll make someone bend, she isn't popular for rescuing puppies and kittens. Annika wanders away to rescue her next victim.

Percy leans on my shoulder and nods to Noah.

"What do you think is going through Noah's head? Damn girl, you look so fly in that outfit?"

"Who talks like that?"

"Older people."

"He's not much older than us."

"He's older, though. Doesn't that worry you?"

"He's twenty-four, not thirty-four." I shake my head.

Percy rests his arm on my shoulder and I shoot him a glare.

"You two make a cute couple." Annika smiles as she reappears. "I knew you'd date again."

Samantha appears with her blue skirt and massive smirk.

"In the future, we can double date."

"Double date with who?" Percy frowns.

"You're uncle," I answer.

"There's no way that'll happen, Samantha. You need to get on a boat and float away."

"Don't say that to your future aunt." She frowns.

"Can I have everyone's attention?"

I'm thankful for the distraction, especially now that those two are obsessing over my fake relationship with Percy. I wish I'd never met Jarrod.

"The costumes look amazing! We're running through the dance to ensure everything is perfect. There may be some arrangements to costumes, so please be aware of that."