▸FEELINGS

FEELINGS

FEELINGS

We're given a camera and a pass to explore the school ground and take photos. Annika and Samantha buzz with excitement while I smile. There's one place I'd like to visit and take photos.

"Please be back before the bell as I'd like to see what photo's you've taken today."

Annika leaps up and takes Samantha's hand.

"Are you coming with, Charlie?" Annika smiles.

"That depends. Where are you going?"

"Where do you think?" Samantha giggles. "The boys have sport on the oval. Maybe we can find you a new boyfriend?"

"Thank you for the invite, but I'm staying away from boys for the moment."

"If you change your mind, you know where to find us."

"Cheers." I grin.

Once those two are gone, I collect the camera and the lanyard and wander outside. I snap a few pictures of the flowers and trees before wandering into Noah's empty classroom.

Noah's engrossed with a piece of wood he's sanding at the electric sander. I point the lens at Noah and capture the intense concentration. I adjust the settings so that I can capture the dust floating in the air.

He turns the machine off, then jumps when he sees me.

"I like this surprise."

"Same here." I nod.

"You have a camera, so you must have photography right now."

"Yes."

"Did you take a picture of me?"

"Yes." I nod.

"Can I see it?"

I pull the picture up and pass the camera to Noah. He smiles at the photo, then points the camera to me. I cover my face with my hands and run away, but Noah follows. He discards the camera on the table and scoops me up.

Noah slides me onto the work bench and squeezes my thighs. I grab his cheeks and tug his face closer. He kisses my nose, then captures my lips with his.

"It's only been a day and I miss you." His breath tickles my skin.

"I climb into my cold bed and all I can think about is your warm arms wrapped around me."

"I miss the feeling of you in my arms."

"I don't miss your snoring, though." I chuckle.

"I don't snore." He frowns.

"Mm." I laugh.

"I'm completely enchanted by you."