▸EXPLORATIONS

EXPLORATIONS

EXPLORATIONS

Friday the 24th of November

Warm sun rays peek through the opening of the tent. I stretch my arms above my head and his arms tighten around my waist. He kisses my shoulder blade, then snuggles his face into the crook of my neck. I want to fall asleep to the sound of his heartbeat and wake up wrapped in his arms.

"Good morning, Charlie." He mumbles against my skin.

"Hi, Noah." I trail my fingertips over his arm and he shivers under my touch.

"You're so warm and comfortable."

"I love this but we're sleeping this beautiful day away."

"Can't we stay like this for a little longer?"

"We're in Australia, camping in a beautiful area and you want to sleep the day away? I can't allow you to do this. We can sleep and cuddle when we're home and there's nothing else to do."

"I have some ideas but they doesn't include leaving this tent." He chuckles.

I jab my elbow into Noah's stomach and he grumbles. I roll over and kiss his forehead. Noah brushes his nose across mine and kisses my lips. Noah nips my lower lip and pecks me cheek.

"You can say here, but I'm going on an adventure."

Noah's tries to hold onto me, but I pull away and rummage through my bag for something to wear. I find faded blue jean shorts and a pastel pink t-shirt.

His fingertips delicately trail over my skin, sending tingles dancing through me.

"I loved every moment of being with you, and I'll love every moment we spend hiking." I wink. "I bet we could find somewhere else to have fun."

He mumbles something but I ignore it and get dressed. I wander out of the tent and smile at the picnic blanket still on the ground. I'm happy we waited because last night was beyond perfect.

Noah reluctantly dresses in navy blue shorts and a black t-shirt. His hair is wild and crazy and there's a devilish glint in his eyes.

"Would you like to cook or pack away?"

"Considering last night, I'll leaving cooking to you."

Noah forces a smile while I chuckle. He grabs things from the car while I fold the blankets and empty our things out of the tent. I manage to shove the tent into the bag and pile everything into the boot with space to spare for the cooking equipment.

I pack essentials into a backpack and plonk beside Noah. He dishes up scrambled eggs and toast which looks interesting but tastes amazing.

"You can actually cook. You should give yourself more credit."