▸FRIENDS

FRIENDS

FRIENDS

Friday the 1st of December

Students pack away their projects and gather around the workbenches to wait for the bell. I attempt to listen to Percy and George's but I watch Noah. He's so close, but so far away. I want to wrap his arms around me and snuggle into his warm chest.

The bell rings and everyone rushes outside. I pretend to look for something in my bag until the door closes and we're alone. I twirl around on the stool and smile. His sweet grin makes my stomach flutter with excitement.

Noah strides across the room and tangles his fingers in my hair. His lips brush against my lips, across my cheek and to my neck.

"I've missed you," he mumbles.

"Can I spend the weekend with you? I can't spend another night without you."

"You can come tonight." His lips linger near mine, so I bite his lower lip and we chuckle.

"I like the idea of that."

The door creeks and my heart just about leaps from my chest. Noah jumps backward and we turn around. Noah strolls into the room with a confused frown.

"Is everything okay?"

"I'm trying to give Noah his jacket but he's refusing it."

"Take mine then, I think I have a spare on in the car."

"Both of you can keep your jackets. It's about to snow outside and nobody should be left without one." Noah crosses his arms and sighs.

Percy shrugs his shoulder and collects his pencil case from the bench. He shoves it in his backpack and wanders to the door.

"Are you coming?" Percy raises an eyebrow.

"Of course." I nod.

Noah and I frown at each other as I follow Percy outside. I just need to survive shopping with Samantha, then I can be with Noah. It's a struggle to cross the oval and not run back into his arms.

Samantha, Annika, Elle and George are gather in the parking lot. Annika cheers with excitement as Percy and I join them.

"Who's ready to go shopping?" Samantha squeals.

"I thought we were grabbing food." George frowns.

"We're shopping for Charlie," Elle comments.

Elle whispers something in George's ear and he grins.

"Let's go shopping." George smiles.