▸ PERCY'S PARTY

PERCY'S PARTY

PERCY'S PARTY

Dad drops me at the foot of the driveway so we don't scare people away with his car. The driveway is long and on a slight hill; thank goodness I decided to wear flats instead of heels.

His house is large and grand with it's white marble steps leading to the elaborate wooden front door. At the foot of the steps is a cardboard sign pointing to the right. I follow a few more signs marked out before I end up in the backyard.

The court area has blossoming trees along with decorative rose bushes, and strands of twinkly lights connecting them.

Directly behind the house is a large rectangle pool and to the left is an undercover area which has a built-in kitchen along with a plush seating area with people scattered across it.

There's people splashing in the pool, but most are undercover where the music is. Those are the smart ones because it looks cold.

I search for Samantha and Percy. Worst case, George will do or a bottle of spirits.

The area reeks of alcohol and there are bottles and cups everywhere. Along the bench is a ton of jelly shots which people are consuming like wildfire.

Samantha tackles me into a hug, while Percy on the other hand, he runs out of nowhere and we end up on the floor. Thankfully, I land on his chest which hurts him.

I hop up and reluctantly help Percy off the ground. He stumbles to his feet, then races away to greet someone else.

Samantha pats my shoulder, then hands me my welcome shot which I take like a pro. I manage to snaffle another shot before grabbing a jelly one off the counter. It's probably risky, but they look delicious.

If it was my party, I'd pretend there was alcohol in the jelly just to see what people would do.

I grab drinks out of my bag and ease into the festive mood. One thing I can actually do is party. By the fourth drink, I'm swaying my hips to the beat of the music and laughing.

Some of the girls from the cheerleading team are dancing with me. I expect Jewels to be hanging off Percy, but I can't see her.

After a few more songs and drinks, Percy appears behind me. He places his hands on my hip and tries to grind into my leg, but he's so gone, he has no idea what he's doing.

I turn around and wrap one arm around his waist to steady his body.

"How much have you had to drink?"

"Lots." He smiles.

Someone yells pool, so people stampede out there, including Percy. He throws me over his shoulder and zooms out of the pergola.

"Percy no!" I scream.

I try to wiggle out of his grip, but his arms only tighten around my body. Grabbing my phone, I toss it onto a chair before I'm thrown into the pool.