▸VOWS

VOWS

VOWS

March 2020

Rays of sun filter through the white curtains and sprawl across the king-sized bed. Noah leans across and plants a chased kiss on my temple.

"Good morning, beautiful." His lips brush against my skin.

He places something on the side table and maneuvers around so he can wrap himself around me. I nuzzle into his chest and kiss it.

"Good morning, husband." Sparks of excitement tingle through my body. I love how husband sounds and how he's all mine.

Noah kisses my cheek and leans back to look at me. His green eyes are wild with excitement and wonder. I weave my fingers through his soft brown hair and guide his lips to mine. His fingertips trail down my spine, and I squirm under his delicate touch.

"Careful, Noah, we may never leave this bed."

He scoops my leg over his waist and dazzles me with his grin.

"Sounds delightful," he murmurs.

I straddle his waist and slide my hands across his muscular chest. His hands slide up my thighs and to my hips. I spy the pen and paper and raise an eyebrow. Noah grabs the notebook and flips it over.

"Secret plans?" I smirk.

"Something like that." He nervously smiles.

"Are you still writing your vows?"

Noah briefly pauses, then his fingers return to exploring my body.

"Noah."

He draws back and sighs.

"I just want them to be perfect."

"Your vows will be perfect because they'll be from your heart. Don't overthink them, okay?"

Noah sighs and nods.

"Do you fancy breakfast beside the pool? It's beautiful weather this morning."

"I like your thinking! Will you join me for a quick swim?"

"Yes." He smiles.

"I'm nervous but excited for the vow ceremony. It's less stressful than our wedding day. I was so nervous before walking down the aisle and then I saw you and." I smile at the thought. "Perhaps that's why I'm not so nervous."

"You took my breath away, although you've done that since the moment I met you." He softly chuckles.

He pushes himself up and captures my lips with his. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him even closer. Our kiss deepens along with the need for him. I push him onto the bed and clamber off him.

"We should get dressed otherwise we'll miss breakfast."

"I need a moment to calm down." Noah props himself on a pillow and closes his eyes.