▸[PART TWENTY-THREE] AUSTRALIA [SPIN-OFF NOW POSTED]

[PART TWENTY-THREE] AUSTRALIA

N: 50 C:44 A:23 H: 21 L:19 C: 15

2045

Noah hangs the remainder of our clothes in the wardrobe, then sits on the bed beside me. He cups my cheek and brings our lips together. I slide my fingers through his hair and sigh with content. I rest my forehead against his and bite my lip.

"What should we do about Cora? Do you think she could really ignore us until she turns eighteen? I thought she'd come around but."

He squeezes my hand and kisses my lips. I tug back and stare into his green eyes.

"Take her to the beach and tell her about Australia. I bet she'll talk once you explain how amazing this place is, what the ocean means to you."

"I asked her before and she walked away."

"Tell her you're getting dinner, that should do the trick." He chuckles.

"Now why didn't I think of that?" I shake my head.

He kisses my hand and nods his head towards the door. I jump up and collect my things before heading out. I wander downstairs and into Cora's room. She is laying on her brand new bed listening to music.

"Do you want to come on a food run?"

She looks at me, then the ceiling.

"I was thinking about a salad with kale and that healthy rice you hate."

Cora shoots me a glare as she rolls off. She slips her shoes on and removes her phone from the dock on her speakers.

We leave the house and I grab a hot chicken and chips from Red Rooster and head to the beach. Cora doesn't say anything but I notice her staring at the stunning shoreline. It's still bright blue with fluffy white clouds.

I pull into the car park and wander to the beach. Cora follows with a glare. I'm inclined to tell her the wind might permanently change her face but I keep that comment to myself.

We sit on the sand and begin eating. I would trade a fancy meal to do just this.

"I know you hate me for forcing you to move here, and I understand, but I know you'll love this place once you give it a chance."

"How would you know?" She rolls her eyes. "You were never forced to leave your friends and family behind to move to another stupid place."

"You're forgetting that I'm not from America." I tilt my head to the side.

"Wait, really? But Granddad is American." Cora raises an eyebrow.

"Yes, but we lived in Australia until I was eighteen."

Cora frowns and then she sighs. Her blue eyes light up and she nods.

"Right, you moved after Grandma passed from the accident."