▸[PART SIXTEEN] MISTLETOE

[PART SIXTEEN] MISTLETOE

December 2023

Maddison shuffles closer and tries to peek under the blue blanket. I swat her hand away and shoot her a glare. She pouts and flutters her eyelashes but I shake my head. Maddison clutches her hand to her chest and sighs.

"I know we're best friends, but please don't watch me breastfeed."

Maddison rolls her eyes and leans against the chair.

"Feeding your child is natural, so I don't care if I see your tits."

"Yeah, but I do, so just wait for a second, he's almost finished."

Percy grabs Maddison's waists and pulls her onto his lap. He nuzzles his face into her neck and nips the skin between his lips. Maddison leans against his chest and smiles.

"You shouldn't have been late, then you'd have seen him when they got here."

Maddison slides from his lap and sits on the couch. She shoves him away and glares.

"I'm sorry I was out buying a gift for my new nephew. And um, did anyone tell him off for coming too early?" she grumbles. "I wasn't prepared for this."

"You can't tell a baby not to come," says Percy. "Even I know that."

"And when you're giving birth, you want it over and done as soon as possible," I add.

Maddison shakes her head and crosses his arms.

"Hurry up, I want some cuddles."

Percy attempts to grab Maddison waist but she smacks his hand and shuffles closer to me. He sighs and flops against the couch.

Noah squeezes my shoulder and kisses my head. I look up and smile at him.

Once he's finished feeding, I pass our tiniest bubba to Maddison. She has to refrain from squealing with joy because that would frighten him.

"What did you name this little cutie pie." She pokes his cheek.

Noah squeezes my shoulder and I smile.

"Hunter Oak East."

"I thought you'd name one of them after your fathers or something."

"We thought about it but." I shrug my shoulders. "We really liked these names."

Maddison places Hunter against her chest and pats his back. She looks a confused and a little worried since he's so tiny.

I fix my dress and place the blanket on the couch. I stretch my tired limbs and hold onto Noah's hand which is resting on my shoulder.

"You two make adorable little babies," Maddison comments.

"We do." Noah nods.

"When are we going to have a kid?" Maddison sighs.