▸ PROGRESS

PROGRESS

PROGRESS

Samantha taps her pen on the desk and grumbles something under her breath. I sink lower in my chair and stare at the clock on the blue wall. Our substitute is useless and I'm bored. I thought about escaping to see Noah but he has class.

"Are you sure you don't want help with the lock in? Friday is approaching quickly."

"I'm the only one who can know the plot, otherwise it's ruined and I've worked too hard for that to happen. Do you know how hard it was to convince the school to allow us to have this night?"

"I promised I wouldn't tell anyone. I also know you'll murder me for real if anything happens."

"Thank you for the offer but I need to figure this out myself. I could do with some help for something else, though." She smiles.

"What do you need help with?"

"Can you give the final plans to Mr. East? There's a schedule for how the entire night will run."

"I'll see if this is a good reason to leave because I can't sit for much longer." I chuckle.

"Good luck and thank you."

The substitute teacher allows me to leave because I hyped up how important the documents are. When I arrive at Noah's classroom, I knock on the door before entering.

There's younger students everywhere and loud music which drowns out the machinery. It's a different vibe to our class time because these students are actually working on their projects.

Noah's explaining something to a student, so I step aside and hug the folder to my chest. He walks over and smiles which makes my heart skip a beat.

"I've got paperwork for Samantha."

"Paperwork, how exciting." He plasters on a fake grin.

"I'm excited because." I trail off and smile. "Except its school."

"You should be excited because Samantha's put a good event on. Plus it's only on a Friday night, there's always the weekend." He winks.

"Oh." I bite my lip and smile.

Noah looks at his watch and sighs.

"There's three minutes left, what do you say?"

"I hope you're thinking the same as me." I chuckle.

Noah places the paperwork on his desk and turns the music off. Students stop their work to look at him.

"It's almost lunch, so pack up and head out."

Some students cheer as they race out the doorway, other's race to put their things away. Once the last student has left, he locks the door and grins.