▸DANCE CLASS

DANCE CLASS

DANCE CLASS

Wednesday, the 10th of January

Noah looks so awkward beside our dance teacher which makes me chuckle. I love his cute awkward face and the fact I don't have to wait until the end of the day to see him. His figure hugging pants are also doing so many things to me.

"We're teaming up with the woodwork and sport class to put a production together. Funds raised will be donated to a charity of your choosing. You can submit an organisation and we'll vote on where to send the money."

"Is that drool?" Percy chuckles.

"Shut up, it's not drool."

Our teacher shoots us a look which makes Percy chuckle.

"Mr. East will assist with the lifts to ensure nobody is injured."

Samantha's grin is too happy and excited for my liking. I shouldn't be jealous because Noah loves me but the thought of him touching Samantha has me going crazy.

"Let's pair you up so that we can start on the choreography."

Percy and I are paired together which I know will unsettle Noah for the same reasons. I'm happy about the pairing because Percy won't drop me and I don't fancy falling on my face today.

We move to the back while Samantha takes centre stage with her partner. Our teachers walk through the first moves, then Noah whisks her into the air. The sequence looks easy which is never a good thing in dance.

She performs it a couple of times, then we're left to practice. I step on Percy's foot, he grabs me at the wrong time and I'm not angling my body correctly. I wasn't born to be a dancer, so this is going to take some time to figure out.

We continue trying until we're semi-okay at it. Some take a break but I lead Percy to the mirror so I can see what I need to improve on. We run through it once more and seem to do a lot better than before.

She calls for a small break and most of the students leave in search of water. I remain with Percy who looks exhausted.

"You're doing amazing." Noah smiles.

Percy wipes the sweat from his forehead and stares at me.

"Does that mean we can have a break?"

"Rest up because it's only going to get worse."

He pouts and wanders away.

"Do you want to practice together?"

"Are you sure it's a good idea?"

"I'll help someone after if that'll make you feel better."

"No but okay." I sigh.

Noah plays the music and I focus on the beat and what I'm supposed to do with my body. One step to the right, spin around, reach to the left, then the right and on the last beat, Noah's lifts me into the air.

I thrust my fist into the air and point my toes, then I lean my head back as Noah softly places me on the ground. His hands remain on my waist which clouds my thoughts. Somebody claps and we step apart.

"Perfect, Charlie!"

"Thanks."

"If you keep up the great work, I might need to move you to the front."

The prospect scares yet intrigues me.

"Thank you so much."

I move to the back of the classroom and wait for everyone else to return because I can't risk another encounter with Noah, especially with my body on fire with excitement.