▸HUNGOVER

HUNGOVER

HUNGOVER

Wednesday the 1st of November

I puke the remainder of liquid in my stomach and possibly my organs into the bowl. I flush the toilet and wash my hands before grabbing the mouthwash from the bench.

"There's a blue toothbrush on the vanity for you."

"You're the best, thank you."

Once I've scrubbed my teeth, I return to bed and snuggle into Noah's side. My head pounds and my stomach is churning but at least he's warm and comfortable.

"Do I want to know what happened last night?"

His hand slides under the shirt and rubs my lower back.

"You threw up on your boots and dribbled mouthwash on your dress."

"Do you think I can salvage the shoes?"

"There's hope." He nods.

"What else happened?"

"Do you remember why I picked you up?"

"Yeah." I sigh.

His arms tighten around my body and I inhale a deep breathe. Now I'm wrapped in his arms, last night doesn't feel as scary. Annika was there when I needed her and I find comfort in that.

. "I still want to know who that was."

"Let me guess, you'll spend tomorrow searching for a guy with a bruised jaw?"

"Yes." He nods.

"As long as it doesn't interrupt my time with you."

Noah kisses my nose and his facial hair tickles my lips. I cup his cheek and bring his lips to mine. He props himself up on his elbow so that he's somewhat looming over me. I slide my fingers through his hair and twirl the soft brown strands around my fingers.

"Last night sucked but he got exactly what he deserved and probably more because Annika is a feisty chick. Thank you for picking me up and taking care of me."

Noah nuzzles his face into the crook of my neck and covers my neck in kisses. I squirm under his grip and he chuckles.

"You're funny when you're drunk."

"Funny? I sound like a disaster."

"You give great cuddles too."

"Least I have a redeeming quality."

Something buzzes and Noah drops to his side. He rolls over and grabs a phone from the side table and passes it to me.

"What's the time?" I groan.