▸ LIFE

LIFE

LIFE

Noah nuzzles into the crook of my neck and sighs. His breath tickles my skin and I squirm. His arms tighten around my body, pulling me closer to his warm chest.

"Can we say in bed forever?"

"I love that idea but I need food."

"Mm." He groans. "I can't let you go hungry."

Noah manages to untangle himself and slip out of the covers. I wrap my arms around my body and crash against his warm body. Noah wraps his arm around my waist and kisses my shoulder.

"Would you like leftovers or I could make eggs?"

"Leftovers sounds delicious." I smile.

"What do you want and would you like it heated?"

"I'm fine with whatever."

He passes a container and fork which has an assortment of everything. I chew on a piece of pork while Noah puts his food into the microwave. He presses buttons, then looks at me. I awkwardly wave because my cheeks are puffed out with rice.

Noah chuckles as he crosses the space. He kisses my forehead and he squeezes my sides.

"This is what I was afraid of." His breath tickles my forehead.

"What, me eating your food?" I laugh.

"No, that my bed will be cold and empty without you."

"Waking up next to you was so good."

"When I stand in the kitchen, I'll think about your puffy cheeks."

"You make me sound like I'm about to die or worse, Noah, leave you."

"School will be torture because I won't be able to do this," he murmurs.

"You can still bring me food, I won't tell anyone."

"Charlie!" He shakes his head.

"Thank you for last night, it was amazing. I could come over again soon."

"I'd like that." He smiles.

When the microwave beeps, Noah grab the food while I sit on the floor and lean on the cabinets. Noah frowns but sits across from me and pokes my leg with his foot.

I eat the last of the food and slide the container on the bench. Noah easy his spicy noodles and I enjoy the peaceful atmosphere.

"School is tomorrow."

"Percy has already noticed that the stick from my ass has been removed."

"Oh my goodness, did he really say that?" My cheeks ache and tears stream down my cheeks.

"He was higher than a kite." He shrugs.

"I didn't think he would be this upset about it." I frown.