▸PROPOSAL

PROPOSAL

PROPOSAL

November 2019

Noah wraps his arms around my waist and I spin around and kiss his lips. One hand slips under my jumper and caresses my side. I discard my makeup brush on the vanity in favour of turning around and wrapping my arms around his neck.

He kisses my forehead, then my nose.

"Will you be ready to leave soon? Lea will be mad if we're late and the food goes cold."

"I should be done in a couple of minutes."

"Sounds good, I'll meet you downstairs then."

He steals one more kiss, then wanders from the bathroom. I finish applying my eyeshadow, then twirl my hair into a ponytail and pin some wispy bits back.

I grab a thicker coat and my handbag from the bedroom, then head downstairs. Dad jumps up from the softer and sheepishly grins as he enters the entrance.

"Where's Noah? Are you ready to leave?"

"He nipped outside for something." He awkwardly scratches the back of his head and looks at the ground.

"Is something wrong?" I frown.

"I'm just nervous about dinner. I haven't spent much time with Noah's family."

"It'll be fine once we get there and have a couple of drinks." I chuckle.

"You're right." He nods. "You should grab Noah so we can get this over and done with."

"Okay." I nod.

I leave my things by the staircase and wander outside. Cold wind rustles through my hair as I wander across the deck. The sun is setting in the sky so the twinkly lights on the porch are flashing blue and red.

"Hey, Noah?"

"Charlie."

Noah's leaning against the porch railing, a small smile on his face. There's flowers and twinkly lights surrounding him. He drops to one knee and pops out a small velvet box.

"Charlie Landon, from the moment we met, all I've done is fall deeper in love with you. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you accept this ring?"

I drop to my knees and clasps Noah's hands in mine.

"Yes, I accept this ring." I chuckle.

Noah opens the box and I gasp. He slides the silver band onto my finger and I admire the white pearl surrounded by a circle of diamonds. I grab his face and crash my lips against his.

He pulls me up and takes my hand to admire the ring again.

"It's beautiful, thank you."

"When I found this ring, I knew it was made for you." He smiles.