▸OUR FUTURE

OUR FUTURE

OUR FUTURE

Saturday the 2nd of December

Cold air whips through my hair as I collect my bags from the boot. I race into Noah's apartment block and sigh as the warm air stings the end of my nose. I glare at the dark blue sky and shake my head. Where's the snow?

I want to dance as it snows for the first time, build a fort, have a snowball fight which leads to Noah tackling me to the ground for a kiss, build a snowman and make snow angels. I know it's a lot, but I'm making up for lost time.

When I arrive, the door swings open and Noah's dressed in a towel. Water droplets trail down his muscular chest and I giddily grin. He's about to make my poor ovaries explode.

"How'd you know I was here?"

"Just good timing." He smiles.

Noah closes the door and I place the shopping bag on the bench. He grabs my hip and I spin around and wrap my arms around his neck. Noah brushes his nose against mine and I peck his lips.

He cups my cheek and deepens our kiss to a toe curling one. I slide my hand to his chest and gently nudge him back.

"Before we get carried away, I brought snacks."

"I'll take that as my cue to dress."

"I'm just hungry." I chuckle.

Noah kisses my forehead and wanders out of the kitchen. I find a couple of bowls in the cupboards and toss the chocolate, marshmallows and chips into them. I eat a couple of chips as I place the chocolate into the microwave.

I watch the bowl spin around and around until the microwave beeps. I stir the half melted chocolate pieces and leap onto the kitchen bench.

Noah enters the kitchen and stands between my legs. He grabs a handful of marshmallows and I lean forward and open my mouth. Just as I think he'll give me a marshmallow, he eats it.

"Cheeky." I pout.

He dips a marshmallow in the chocolate and places it on my tongue. Chocolate drips onto my lower lip and Noah kisses it away. He grabs my thighs and slides me across the counter. I wrap my legs around his waist and tangle my fingers in his wet hair.

Noah kisses down my neck and I push him away.

"We should be eating dinner, not making out in your kitchen."

"You can't eat a bowl of chocolate for dinner."

"It's Friday."

"I'll order something. What are you in the mood for?"