▸HEARTBREAK

HEARTBREAK

HEARTBREAK

Wednesday the 11th of October

Dancers flutter across the stage to the beautiful music created by the orchestra. The lights dim and the crowd claps except for Percy. He kisses my neck and I sink into my chair.

"I'm trying to watch the play."

"Who cares about the play?"

"You should because we have an assignment based on this."

"I hate English." He groans.

"Charlie and Percy." Noah stands at the end of the isle with a frown. "Charlie, come with me."

I fake pout as I squish past the other students to get to Noah. I'm not annoyed because Percy's been so extra since I asked to pause our plans to have sex. Now he's practically humping me in public.

We take a seat at the back of the theatre which is an extra row back from where the other students are seated.

"I thought I'd save you."

"I don't need saving."

"Yes, you did." He smirks.

"Maybe a little." I sigh.

Noah taps his fingers on the arm rest and I raise an eyebrow.

"What's wrong with you?"

"I saw Percy leaving your bedroom on the weekend."

"Oh."

"Just oh?" He frowns.

"I asked him to pause the plans on, you know," I whisper. "Now he's afraid or something and I can't seem to pry him off me."

"Oh."

"I assume you're happy."

"Yes." He nods. "Have you thought about what we talked about?"

"I haven't stopped thinking about it."

The musical number stops and Noah groans. Two people talk about something, I can't focus. Dramatic music plays and my heart races.

"I still want you."

The lights turn on and Percy is racing up the stairs to get to me.

"I need to go."

Noah roughly exhales as he stands up to let me past. Percy takes my hand and we walk to the break section. I drag him to the food section and stare with wonder at the fountain of popcorn.

"I need a bucket of that." I grin.

"Sure." She laughs. "Anything else?"

"Oh, a large Coca-Cola with ice, thank."