▸PROJECTS

PROJECTS

PROJECTS

Friday, the 9th of March

Noah drags the supplies from the storeroom and I instantly regret suggesting this idea. There's a couple of wooden boards, paint and brushes and the lights.

"I've made the design with Samantha, so you just need to follow the instructions."

"Why does it sound easy, but looks so hard?"

"Don't complain because I've done most of the hard work and I'm spending my afternoon helping you instead of watching you struggle."

I reach down and smack his cute behind.

"Is this an excuse for you to spend time with me? I can't believe you'd fail me in class just to spend more time with you." I gasp.

"You failed all by yourself. I'll admit I'm taking advantage of this." He smiles.

"What's the first step?"

"We need to measure and cut the wood for the frame."

"I suppose I'll have to use a power tool now?" I frown.

"Yes."

Noah cups my cheeks and plants a kiss on my lips. I want to hold him close but he wanders into the storeroom. He returns with tools and I get to work measuring the wood and drawing lines.

He double checks my measurements and smiles.

"Wonderful work so far."

"Thanks." I proudly smile.

I return to measuring some other wood while Noah works on another section of the project. He cuts something, measures something else, and eventually, I'm waved over to join him.

"Let me show you how to use the power drill."

"Okay." I nod.

"You're not afraid of it?"

"I'm only afraid of machines that'll cut or sand off my fingers."

I take the drill from Noah and he places his arm around my body. His warm chest against my back feels good. I shake those thoughts and focus on the project in front of me.

His hands overlap mine as we get into position. He presses down, forcing my hand to turn the drill on. The screw goes in and it's perfect.

"Why do you need me if you did all the work?" I frown.

One hand moves to my side and his lips tickle my ear.

"Because I wanted another excuse to wrap my arms around your perfect body."

"Oh." I gasp and he laughs.

Noah helps me cut the wood I measured with a handheld power saw which isn't too scary either. Some of the lines aren't perfect but Noah's impressed and that's all that matters.

"Are you confident enough to cut this next piece by yourself?"

"Yes." I nod.

I put the protective glasses on and turn the machine on. As I cut through the wood, I realise I measured it wrong. I finish the cut and turn to Noah.

"I measured it wrong." I frown.

"Don't worry, I'll find a new panel for it."

"Okay." I smile.

We cut a few more panels, measure a few more things before Noah calls it quits. I help him carry everything to the storage room and tuck the other supplies in a spot the other students won't find them.

Noah collects his boxes of paperwork from the office while I swing my bag over my shoulder. He tugs on my elbow and I turn around.

"Are you coming over tonight?"

"I don't know yet."

"What do you mean?" He drops his lower lip.

"Fine, I'll come over tonight."

Noah kisses my forehead and we wander out of the classroom. I couldn't say no to spending more time with him.