▸BUBBLE TROUBLE

BUBBLE TROUBLE

BUBBLE TROUBLE

Tuesday the 31st of October

Samuel's house is decorated with fake pumpkin lanterns and orange streamers which lead everyone around to the back of the house. Samantha waves to her new boyfriend and wanders away, while Annika heads to the kitchen to find free alcohol.

"George said they're outside somewhere." Elle frowns.

"I think I see them." I smile.

Percy waves as he races over, George following behind. George's eyes wander over Elle's body and she blushes behind her blonde hair.

"You look good," he compliments. "You're Alice, right?"

"Yes, and thanks."

"Nobody mentioned there was a group costume." George frowns. "Anything would have been better than a zombie policeman."

"Speak for yourself." Percy glares. "You're the one who asked me for a costume."

"Should we get drinks? I'm thirsty," Ellie says.

"Yeah." George eagerly nods.

The pair wander away and I look at Percy.

"What do you know that I don't?" I raise an eyebrow.

"George wants to ask Elle to be his girlfriend. He's been practicing his speech in my bathroom mirror all afternoon. If he doesn't ask, I'll do it for him because I'm sick of hearing it." He laughs.

"Aw, that's cute."

"I'm surprised you're the Cheshire Cat and not Alice."

"Elle wanted to be Alice and I like the Cheshire Cat. Some of my favourite quotes are from the Cheshire Cat. I do regret wearing this dress because it's two sizes too small. Samantha and I are certainly not the same size."

"What's your favourite quote from the Cheshire Cat?"

"Every adventure requires a first step." I smile.

"Wise words." He nods.

"Looks like it's just us for the night since Samantha and Annika are with their boyfriends."

"Will you be dancing on table tops again?" He chuckles.

"I hope not but there's always a good chance when we drink together." I shake my head.

"You never listen to me, but I'll try my best."

"Throw me over your shoulder if you have to."