▸ WOODWORK

WOODWORK

WOODWORK

2nd of October

Percy yanks me down an empty hallway and pins me against a locker. He nips my lip and tugs on his jacket which I've successfully stolen.

"You look so good in my jacket." He smirks.

"Oh I know."

"Do you want to come over this weekend? I have the entire place to myself."

"Where are your parents going?"

"Dad has a conference out of town."

"Sure." I nod.

"You could use Samantha as an alibi?"

"I'll tell him the truth because I don't want to lie about where I'll be. Plus he should be fine with it because I was an adult in Australia. I could buy a house, drink alcohol and get married if I really wanted to."

"Are you sure?"

"Even though everything is backwards here, I won't be. If I want to be treated as an adult, I need to act like an adult."

"I hope he's okay with it."

"I hope taking the high road doesn't screw us over." I nervously chuckle.

We kiss and I run my fingers through his soft hair and moan. His hand travels down my side and plays with my top.

Somebody coughs and I shove Percy away. I peer over Percy's shoulder and groan at the sight of Noah. He roughly exhales and mutters under his breath.

"If I see this again, you'll both have detention."

Noah's olive green eyes pierce mine. My heart pounds and my hands are clammy. I don't want to be on his bad side any more than I am.

"It won't happen again." Percy sighs.

He takes my hand and we walk to the group. I cling to Percy's hand and he smiles.

"Don't worry about him, he's just doing his teacher thing."

"He seemed serious to me."

"I can handle him."

"Okay."

Since Percy doesn't know the truth, I have to protect him from Noah and his wrath.

The bell rings, so we head to the woodwork room. I drag my feet across the grass but it doesn't stop me from getting any closer to Noah or the classroom.

I can't escape this mess, which is why I shouldn't have kissed my teacher. I wish it was me hurt because I hate seeing Noah upset and I hate how awkward things are.