▸LEAVING PARTY

LEAVING PARTY

LEAVING PARTY

Friday the 17th of November

I planned on sneaking to Noah's place last night, but I was surprised by the gang when they leaped out of the living room and almost frightened me to death. We tried to watch horror movies but the night was mostly filled with chatting and me wishing I was with Noah. These guys are amazing but I'm a lovesick teenager and I'm afraid there's no cure for it.

I'm envious of George and Elle who are still snuggled on the lounge room floor in a pile of blankets and cushions. Percy seems upset because he's cuddling a pillow and subtly glaring at them. I wish I was wrapped in Noah's warm arms, especially this morning because it's freezing.

Thankfully I'll be on a plane to somewhere warmer and sunnier in the next few hours. I desperately need a break from this freezing weather. I don't understand how people live in it.

"Oh my goodness." Samantha tosses her phone and it bounces near Percy. He shoots her a glare and she rolls her eyes with annoyance.

"Girls, I need some quick advice." Samantha sighs.

"What's wrong?" I bump my shoulder into hers.

"I've been seeing this college guy and I thought things were getting serious, but it feels like he's hiding our relationship from his friends. Do you think it's because I'm still in high school?"

"I don't know." I shrug.

"If you're worried, you should speak to him about it."

"I did but he's been weird about it." Samantha frowns.

"You should dump him," Percy says.

"What if he's the one and I'm the one being paranoid?"

"You say that about everyone." Percy rolls his eyes.

"I never said it about you." Samantha laughs.

"Well I never said it about you either." He pokes his tongue out.

"Wait, when did you two date?" I gasp.

"In Grade Five and yes, apparently I was very stupid back then."

"Did you hold hands and skip around the playground?" I chuckle.

"Let's not talk about it." Samantha groans.

"I don't know about dating." He frowns. "Samantha did try to kiss me, so I pushed her into a muddy puddle. I thought girls had germs and that she was trying to kill me."

"Savage!" Annika laughs.

"Like I said, I was stupid. Percy ruined my favourite dress and that's when I decided I would hate him forever. I have no idea why we're still friends."