▸HOME

HOME

HOME

June 2019

There's a 'Welcome Home' balloon and a stack of greasy, cheesy pizza waiting on the dining room table for me. Dad wrestles me into a hug while Noah piles my bags near the base of the stairs.

"I wasn't sure what you were in the mood for, so I over ordered pizza."

"Pizza for breakfast, lunch and dinner sounds fabulous!" I cheer.

Noah wraps his arm around my waist and guides me to the dining room table. We take our seats and Dad opens the boxes and we dive into the food. I work my way through all of the options and sigh with content. I've honestly missed American pizza.

"How's work been?" Noah asks.

Dad finishes his mouthful and dries his hands on a napkin.

"Relatively boring, but it's a small town after all." He sighs. "How is everything down at the high school?"

"It's nice to be back home. I missed the faculty and my office." Noah smiles.

"How's living with Lea?" I ask.

Noah rolls his eyes and Dad chuckles.

"It would be hard moving in with family."

"Can't relate! I miss having someone to come home to. The apartment can be lonely sometimes."

"I'm surprised Maddison hasn't moved in with you," Dad comments.

"She would be a huge distraction." I laugh.

"Well Lea's an emotional mess now Percy's living in California. I'm surprised since he caused her so much trouble. She hovers around or is constantly telling me off like I'm her second child."

"If you're interested, there's plenty of space around here," Dad comments.

Noah cocks his head to the side and Dad nods.

"There's a spare room downstairs and perhaps it'll give me a reason to come home. Not that Charlie spent much time here, but it's rather quiet now you're in Australia."

"I don't know," I murmur.

"What are you afraid of?" Noah teases.

"I'm afraid he'll tell you all my embarrassing stories."

Noah takes my hand under the table and laces his fingers in between mine.

"I'm very intrigued now."

"Think about the offer, we can talk about it later if you want."

"Thank you, Mr. Landon, I appreciate it."

Perhaps it would be nice for the pair to live together, at least they can keep each other company and a good bonding moment since Noah's going to be in my life forever. I don't know why the idea of them living together is making me so nervous.