▸THE WEEKEND

THE WEEKEND

THE WEEKEND

Friday the 22nd of December

Noah's arms circle around my waist as he draws me into the kitchen. His lips trail down my neck and I weave my fingers through his soft hair.

"I have a present for you."

He untangles his body from mine and rummages through a junk drawer. He produces a silver key and I frown as it dangles from his index finger.

"Yes, I'll come to Wonderland with you." I grin.

"I'm not sure if I'd call my apartment wonderland."

"You're giving me a key to your apartment?" I gasp.

"Now you can come and go as you please."

"Do you realise I now have full access to your wardrobe?" I smirk.

"You've already stolen one jumper, what more do you need? What would I wear if you steal all my clothes?"

"Who said you need clothes?" I chuckle.

"If I'm not wearing clothes, then it better apply to you."

He places the key in my palm and I shove it into a side pocket in my bag. Noah proudly smiles as I discover the bowls of chocolate and chips covering the kitchen bench.

"We're having dinner, so don't get any ideas."

"But I already have ideas." I wink.

"Pizza is in the over and yes, I brought a tin of pineapple because I know the premade ones never have enough for your standard." He laughs.

I place my hand over my heart and gasp.

"You're seriously too perfect."

"We deserve this after the week we've had."

Noah cups my cheeks and kisses my forehead. I inhale a deep breath of his chamomile and peppermint scent and grin. These moments help outweigh the bad ones.

"I'll change and come back."

"Okay." He nods.

I offload my things on the bed and rummage through the clothes. I change into my favourite pyjamas, which are the bunny ones. When I return to the kitchen, I sit beside the junk food which earns me a stern look.

"What?" I fake innocents.

"You need to have dinner first."

I roll my eyes and Noah raises an eyebrow. I tug on a smile and he shakes his head.