▸LETTERS

LETTERS

LETTERS

Wednesday, the 24th of May

Samantha and Annika glance in my direction as Percy and I leave the exam room. I leap onto his back and he twirls us around.

"We're done, I can't believe we're done," he shouts.

"Exams are over but we still have to come until the end of the term."

"Please don't ruin my happy vibes."

"Aren't you going to miss this place?"

"There's nothing about this place that I'll miss. I hate the people, the teachers, the assignments and the stress load. Goodbye will never be enough." He shivers.

"You have so many friends, though."

"I know lots of people who attend this school, but you're basically my only friend since George ditched me for Elle. Since we're heading to college, there's nothing to be sad about."

"Fair enough! I can't wait until we're living out of home."

"Should I install a padded room for exam time?"

"Only if it's soundproof." I chuckle.

"I do not want to hear any sounds."

"Shut up, I wasn't talking about that."

Percy hooks his arms under my legs and wanders towards the parking lot. I rest my chin on his shoulder and happily sigh. His grip tightens on my thighs as we come closer to the parking lot.

Samantha and Annika chat to Jarrod who's too busy looking at us. Percy's grip tightens and he grumbles.

"If that creep follows us to college, he's very delusional if he believes I won't kick his ass into the hospital."

"I forgot to mention something to you."

Percy comes to a halt but I point forward, encouraging him to continue.

"Is this about Jarrod or Samantha? She thinks everything is fine between you two."

"We're heading to college soon, so I probably won't see her again. What's the point in being angry with someone I won't see? She knows she screwed up."

"Is that what you forgot to tell me?"

"Do you remember when I left to grab drinks? Jarrod confronted me and told my father about Noah. Dad threatened to kill Jarrod if he ever comes near me. Plus he's okay with our relationship."

"This is so much to process. I can't believe you didn't tell me on the night."

"Because it would have ruined the night."