Chapter 22

Naomi's Pov

"I don't even know what dress to wear." Leanna said. Ugh, it was that time of the year. Prom, the year every girl dreams to be asked to the prom and spends their life savings.

"We'll go dress shopping." Simone said as we walked into the lunchroom. I didn't see Jake at the table, we haven't talk since everything happened. We sat down and Macy didn't sit beside Aaron, he looked at his food.

"So Naomi, you going to prom?" Leanna asked.

"No," I said. "I'm staying at home."

"What? Come on, you have to go." Leanna said.

"I'm just not feeling it." I said.

~

Somehow I'm on the way to go dress shopping with the girls. Just because their gonna buy me food really. My phone vibrated, it came up Jake and I pressed ignore.

"You two still having problems?" Simone asked.

"Yeah," I said. "He made it clear to me he didn't want and he didn't need me."

"Come on, let's not even think about boys," Macy said. "How about we look at hot boys?" I smiled a little and we walked inside.

We finished and I really wanted to drop, I got a dress somehow. My fingers definitely got an exercise from having to click ignore. I got home and carried everything upstairs, I took a shower and I put on boxers and a tank top. I crawled in my bed and I couldn't sleep, it felt as if someone was watching me. I looked and saw a black figure against the wall, I screamed loud and I ran out and downstairs. I looked behind me and ran smack into someone, they grabbed me and I struggled.

"Let me go!" I yelled.

"Skye stop," Cason said and I stopped and looked at him. "Calm down," I stood up straight and I looked at him. "What happened?"

"There's someone in my room." I said.

"Maybe it was Levi." he said.

"Levi's right here." Levi said walking out with a sandwich.

"Go check it out." Cason told Levi.

"I'm not getting killed." he said and Cason rolled his eyes.

"I'll check it out." he said and walked upstairs.

"It's gonna be ok." Levi said and I nodded. Cason came back down and shook his head.

"I didn't see anything or anyone," he said. "They must've gotten scared from your scream."

"Just stay down here with us." Levi said and we walked into the kitchen. Rachael was sitting on the island eating Cheetos.

"Do you people know how to unlock a door?" She asked. "I had to do a ninja roll through the lounge room window."

"Is someone with you?" Levi asked.

"Nah, Rico dropped me off, why?" She asked.

"Nothing." Cason said.

"Also, me and Rico broke up," she said and shrugged.

"What?" I asked and I walked to her.

"I couldn't believe it either," she said. "It's his loss."

"Go get ready for bed." I said.

"Can I sleep with you?" She asked.

"Why?" I asked.

"Jake isn't here and it just doesn't feel right." she said.

"Ok, go." I said and she hopped down, she walked upstairs and I looked at the two boys.

"So, how's your love life going?" Levi asked.

"I've come to the conclusion, I'm gonna be forever a single mother." I said.

"So, not good?" Levi asked and I glared at him.

"Jake, will come back." Cason said.

"No, he told me he didn't want me and he need me, yeah he took care of me but then he broke me all over again," I said. "I want him to be here too, but you can't get everything," I chuckled. "Casey called him her daddy, he wanted to take that role and help me."

"Hey, don't worry over him Skye." Levi said and the door opened and slammed. Then Chase walked in, a angry Chase and he looked at me.

"Cha-" he pinned me against the wall.

"Why? You've done some stupid shit but not like this." He hissed.

"What're you talking about?" I asked.

"About Jake and Rachael," he said. "Jake's my brother and you didn't tell me."

"Chase stop," Rachael said and he looked at her, his face softened he let go of me. "I didn't want her to tell anyone I knew," Chase let me go and he looked at Rachael. "How'd you find out?"

"I don't know who the girl was, she just told me Jake was my brother." he said.

"Halley." we said.

"That's creepy," Chase said and my phone rang, it was Jake. "Are you going to answer that?"

"Yeah?" I answered low.

"Hey, Naomi." he said.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Why would something be wrong?" He asked.

"You called me." I said.

"I just wanted to make sure you and the girls were ok." he said.

"We're fine." I said.

"You don't sound fine." he said, I walked out of the kitchen and I sat on the couch.

"I'll be fine." I said.

"Do you want me to come over?" He asked.

"No, we're ok," I said. "Levi and Cason's here."

"Oh." he said, he had jealousy in his tone.

"Look who woke up." Rachael said, she was holding Casey.

"Mama." she said and I smiled, I grabbed her and sat her on my lap.

"That's Casey?" He asked.

"Yeah," I said. "Rach, just take her to Levi, he knows what to do." she took her and walked to the kitchen.

"Well, I'll just see you at school then," he said. "Looks like you don't need me anymore." the line went dead and I hung it up, yup, it got worse.