Chapter 71

Naomi's POV

I opened my eyes and I grabbed my phone, it was two in the morning. Jake was knocked out asleep, I got up easy and I slipped a pillow under his arm I went to my closet and grabbed some clothes.

I had on white tank top and a red plaid button up shirt, I pulled on jeans and converses. I left my hair down and I slipped my phone in my back pocket. I glanced at Jake again, I walked downstairs and grabbed my keys. I walked out to my car getting in, I let out a breath and pulled out.

I stopped and I saw the big gray building, I pulled down visor and kissed two fingers and laid it on the picture. I got out and I walked into the dark warehouse.

"Hello?" I called, a hand slapped over my mouth and a arm wrapped around my waist. I muffled a scream and I tried to get loose.

"Let her go," I heard that vague but unforgettable voice. The person let go and I looked at who it was, I didn't recognize him. "Naomi." I looked and met his bright blue eyes. "You actually came, I began to believe you stood me up."

"I should've," I said. "I'm taking a big risk here, do you understand how angry my guy would be if he knew I was here?"

"Jealous," he said.

"What am I doing here Grey?" I asked. "Haven't you done enough?"

"Look Naomi, I'm sorry for everything I done to you. I have to live with that shit for the rest of my life, regret digging at me. I know I hurt you-"

"Hurt me?" I asked and I laughed. "You didn't hurt me. You shattered me into pieces, you broke me to where I can't be fixed. I freak out every storm because of the fear of hearing those footsteps again."

"But Jake takes care of you," he said. "Sometimes at least."

"Hey, Jake's a jerk but I'm the only one who can trash him," I said. "Our relationship is a little special, but that's just us."

"You don't see it do you?" He asked. "You always only saw what you wanted."

"What's that suppose to mean?" I asked.

"Jake's fear is making you think he's like me," he said.

"Well duh," I said. "Look, Jake has a temper and he does dumb shit. Like sleeping with another girl."

"Naomi, why do you go back to him if he hurts you?" He asked. "You got out, I made you promise me you'd never let a guy treat you like I did."

"Jake hit me at the beginning of our time, but he hasn't hit me since," I said. "He just yells which really isn't any better."

"You're blinded by love," he said.

"I got someone to accept me, he took a shattered girl and he loved me," I said. "He risked everything to be with me."

"That's not how it started, is it?" He asked.

"Jake was a player, of course that was his plan," I said.

"What was yours?" He asked. "You knew he would try to sleep with you. Why would you take that risk?"

"I wasn't ready that day, I wasn't ready to do it with him," I said. "But I was too scared to say no, the fear of rejection. Jake could have ruined my life and I didn't want to take that chance."

"You're crazy," he said. "But there's just things you don't know about Jake."

"There's things about me he doesn't know," I said. "He knows about the house. He knows about you three and what you done to me. He doesn't what I done in there."