Chapter 51

Naomi's Pov

"So, how was Jake hunting?" Macy asked as she ate a fry.

"I knew exactly where to find him, that's why I let him take her." I said.

"So, what happened?" Leanna asked.

"You gotta ask him." I said.

"Ask who what?" I heard Aaron and we looked at the boys. "Oh come on, is this a intervention."

"Yes, we've been concerned lately about the way you bite your nails." I said.

"Shut up." He said.

"Ok." I said and looked away.

"Where's Jake?" Simone asked.

"He's out front doing his homework with a girl." Justice said.

"Justice." Simone said.

"Does he have anymore classes for today?" I asked.

"I'm not sure." Leanna said, I walked out and out front. He was leaned against a tree and doing his homework. I walked to him and he looked up and at me.

"Hey," I said. "Where's your girl?"

"With the football team to get Bojangles," He said and smirked. "Is someone jealous?"

"Just a little," I said and he chuckled and I chuckled back. "I'll leave you to your work." I turned to walk away but I heard feet hit the cement.

"Wait," He said and I turned back around. "How does the beach sound?"

"Like water." I said.

"No, do you wanna go?" He asked.

"Jake." I said.

"Not a date," He said. "As friends."

"Sure," I said and smiled. "I'll meet you there."

"Perfect." He said and I turned and walked away.

~

I got out of my car and I fixed my beanie. I walked on the beach and looked for Jake but I didn't see him.

"I swear if this boy stood me up." I said to myself.

"What would you do?" I heard a voice ask, I turned around to a blue eyed boy.

"He won't have kids," I said and he smiled. "Hey Cameron." He came and he hugged me.

"Hey Mimi," He said and kissed my cheek. "Let's walk." We walked down the beach and talked about nothing but yet we talked about everything. We got to the rocks and sat down, I wrapped my hands around his knee and locked my fingers, he wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"So, how'd it go with your mom?" I asked.

"Her name is Sophie," He said. "I don't want to talk about her."

"Why?" I asked.

"Drop it," He said and I looked away. "Hey." I hesitated but I looked at him. "Everything's going to be ok."

"Hey guys." I heard Justice and we looked at them. Aaron had Casey.

"You invited them?" I asked.

"I didn't think you wanted to be alone with me." He said, I stood up and I climbed down. I went and took Casey.

"Hey baby girl." I said and kissed her cheek, Jake came beside me and Casey went to him.

"Hey meathead." He said and she smiled.