Chapter 33

Naomi's Pov

I got home and ran upstairs and to Casey's room. She was crying and Cynthia was in there trying to calm her down, I took her.

"You go, I got her." I said.

"But Naomi." she said.

"I'm her mother, it's my responsibility." I said and she nodded. I laid Casey down and went to run her bath. I put her in.

"Dada." she said and cried.

"Hey, daddy isn't here right now," I said. "It's gonna be ok," I washed her hair and got her out, I dried her off and put a diaper on her. Let me rephrase that, I had to fight her to put a diaper on her, I put a sleeper on her. "You may be sick but I'm on the verge of getting your butt, now stop it McKenna Cassidy." I picked her up and I walked to my room and laid her on her belly. I patted her back until she fell asleep, then I fell asleep.

~

I woke up and rubbed my eyes, I looked and saw it was 6:32, shit! I took a quick shower and got dressed, I grabbed my phone and Casey. I walked downstairs and saw Cynthia, I handed her Casey.

"I'll be home right after school." I said and she nodded, I walked out to my car. My bookbag was in the backseat thank god, I drove to school and I walked inside and up to the group.

"Ok, I know Monday's can be bad, but um," Macy started. "What in the hell happened to you?"

"A 10 month old happened." I said.

"What's wrong with Casey?" Ethan asked.

"She's been torturing me all weekend," I said. "If she isn't puking, she's crying, she's burning up, she has a bad cough, and she stays up and goes to sleep. That girl has lungs on her."

"You know, I'm glad I called Macy because you would've left me." Rachael said.

"Sorry," I said, arms wrapped around me. "I will snap you if you don't get off me." He came in front of me.

"Ok grouchy pants," Jake said. "I haven't seen you all weekend."

"Well I'm so sorry." I hissed.

"Are you tired or on your period?" He asked and I shot him a look. "Why don't you take her to the doctor?"

"Why don't you shut up?" I spat.

"I'm just trying to help Naomi." he said.

"You're not her father and I don't need your help." I snapped and walked to class and sat down. The students started piling in, I was searching for Jake. When I saw him, I laid my head down.

The bell rang signaling lunch, I got up and I walked in the cafeteria and sat down. They looked at me and I knew I looked horrible. I was texting to see how Casey was like I have all day. An Arby's bag and a Starbucks was set in front of me, then someone took my phone. Someone picked me up and sat me on their lap.

"Eat." Jake said.

"I'm not hungry." I said.

"Yes you are Naomi." he said.

"Jake, I'm a mess as it is," I said. "And give me back my phone, I have to check on Casey."

"I already have Casey handled babe," he said. "She just has a touch of the flu."

"How would you know mr. know it all?" I asked. "What would you know about taking care of a baby?"

"Because I asked Christy, you do have to remember she is a doctor Naomi," he said. "I'm the oldest, I've took care of sick kids from 3 months to 16 year olds. It's one of the advantages of being in a foster care but being the oldest, they always want you to take the responsibilities."

"You can say that again." Aaron said and he looked at him.

"I remember I lived with the Ryan's, their grandmother came over a lot. She was 84 years old, she asked me one day was I high. I said I was high off life, she thinks life is a drug." He said and we laughed, I pushed his face towards mine and looked at him. "Can I get a kiss?"

"No," I said and I started eating my food, he slapped my thigh. "So, how'd the rest of the night go on Friday with the wicked witch of the west and scarecrow."

"Horrible," he said. "I think I was two seconds from calling her something that rhymes with witch. Wish she would click those damn red heels and go home."

"Ok, what?" Macy asked and he looked at her.

"You've never seen wizard of oz?" He asked. "The girl skips down the yellow path. We're off to see the wizard-"

"...the wonderful wizard of oz." Justice and I sang.

"I know what it is but who is the witch and the scarecrow?" She asked.

"Halley and Jace." I said and looked over at WS table.

"Hey, we're going to the mall today." Macy said.

"Why?" Simone asked. "It's Monday."

"Yeah, but we all need a break from reality for a while." she said.

"Casey?" I asked.

"Last time I talked to mom, she said Casey's fever was going down," he said, I don't think he noticed he said mom. "So, do you care if she can watch her?"

"Sure." I said. "I'll just get her stuff and take her."

"Ok," he said. "Wait, why can't Kaylee and Haylee go get her?" I looked at him.

"Ok but I still need to go to the house because there's no way I'm going to the mall, looking like this," I said. "There might be hot boys."

"Flirt with any boys and you'll have a hot something alright." he whispered and I giggled.

~

I got home from school and walked inside. I went upstairs and I went to my closet, I got some clothes. I put on black skinny jeans, a white tank top, a black and white varsity jacket, and black and white Nikes. I grabbed my phone and keys and walked downstairs, I got in my car and drove to the mall.

I got out and I walked inside, I texted Macy and she told me where they were. I walked into Aeropostale and saw the three girls.

"Where's the boys?" I asked.

"At footlocker." Simone answered.

"You know what I just remembered?" I asked.

"What?" Leanna asked.

"Dre's birthday is Saturday." I said.

"What're you gonna do?" Macy said.

"I don't know," I said. "Maybe take him out to eat."

"Good idea." Simone said.

"Ok, now let's shop." Macy said and we laughed.