Chapter 40

Jake's Pov

I looked at the clock and it was 12:43, I turned in my test and I walked out. I had my day planned out, just me and Casey. Naomi had 4 tests to take and I wanted to spend time with Casey. I walked in the house and saw Cynthia.

"Hey Cyn." I said.

"Hey Jakey." she said and I smirked.

"Why do you insist on calling me that?" I asked.

"Because, I like it," she said. "What can I do for you?"

"Where's my little girl?" I asked.

"She's upstairs asleep." she said.

"Thanks," I said and I walked upstairs to her room. Casey was asleep and I smiled, I walked over and I placed a soft kiss on her head. Her eyes fluttered opened and she looked at me and smiled, I picked her up. I got her a outfit and laid her down. I changed her diaper and she was laughing and kicking. "Ok Casey, sit still." She stopped and pouted.

I put a white shirt on her, a jean short overalls, and a flowery turban on her head. I put her socks on and white converse. I put diamond studs earrings in her ears.

"For a new dad, I think I got a nice sense of fashion." She smiled and squealed, I sat her on the floor and grabbed her bag. I put some stuff in and I picked her up, I walked downstairs and into the kitchen.

"Be careful with that baby, Cameron Jake." Cynthia said.

"I'm not stupid Cynthia," I said and kissed her cheek. "I'll be back later."

"Bye." she said and I walked out to my car, I hooked her in the car seat. I hooked the pacifier in to her bib.

I got to the mall and I got the stroller from the back, I put her in and kissed her head. I pushed her into the mall.

"Ok, where to first Case?" I asked and she squealed. "I have no idea what that meant, but ok." I walked into a baby store and I was looking around, man I hate shopping.

I walked to the food court and I sat down, I pulled out some food and I fed Casey. My phone rang. "Yeah?"

"Hey man, where are you at?" Aaron asked.

"The mall with Casey, what's up?" I asked.

"Justice and I just finished our tests, were on our way." he said.

"What about the others?" I asked.

"They can come when they want." he said.

"I'll see you when you get here." I said.

"Bye." he said and hung up.

"She has pretty blue eyes." A voice said and I looked at who said it. He had dark brown hair that was spiked in the front and he had brown eyes.

"Yeah, she got them from her mom," I said and Casey smiled. "Do I know you?"

"No, but I know you." he said.

"Um how?" I asked.

"I'm the boy adopting Justice." he said and I froze.

"You?" I asked and he nodded.

"I wanted Kaylee but she wouldn't come without her twin." he said.

"Is their specific reason you want a girl?" I asked.

"Actually yes." he said.

"Can I ask what that reason may be?" I asked.

"I've always wanted a little sister." he said.