Chapter 59

Naomi's POV

I was laying on the bed while Jake was getting dressed for this New Year's Eve party.

"Naomi, are you sure you're fine with this?" He asked. "Because I can st-"

"Go have fun," I said and smiled. "Live your life, it's not the last New Year's Eve."

"Ok," he said and he pecked my lips.

"Don't drink either," I said.

"I won't," he said and smiled. "I'll be back." He kissed my belly and walked out.

"Then there was one," I said and I got up, I walked down the empty hall and I got to the game room. Well, it would now be the twins room. "We're getting there." I walked back out and I walked to my room. I put got dressed and I threw my hair in a messy bun. I walked downstairs and grabbed my keys, I walked out and I drove to the diner. I went to grab my phone but I didn't see it, I rolled my eyes and walked in the diner.

"You want the regular?" She asked.

"Yep," I said and I walked around, I waited and I got the bag. I walked to my car and I put the bag in the next seat, I got in and  headed home. I walked in and laid my keys down, I walked to the living room and a figure was laying on the couch. I noticed it was Jake, I walked over and I shook him a little. I could smell the strong alcohol smell, I slapped him and he shot up. He looked at me and smiled. "What's wrong with you?"

"You're pretty," he said and passed out. My blood boiled and I walked upstairs, I laid down and I just fell asleep. He was so dead in the morning.

~

I walked downstairs and Jake was still asleep on the couch, I walked and got a glass of water and some aspirin. I sat it in the coffee table and I shook Jake to wake up. He sat up and I gave him the pill and water.

"Thanks," he said and he chugged the water.

"Are you serious?" I snapped. "You passed out on my couch last night! I told you not to drink and you got flat out drunk!"

"Can you stop yelling, please?" He asked and rubbed his temples.

"You didn't listen to me, you have twins on the way Jake," I said. "What if I needed help and you were too drunk to come help me?" His cheek went pale and he ran to the bathroom and I heard him getting sick. I heard water run and he came back out and he sat in the couch. "I trusted you to go to a party alone, do I have to hold your hand crossing the street too Cameron?" He looked up at me.

"I have a headache and I don't feel good, I'll talk to you later," he said.

"No, talk to me now," I said. "The only thing that's wrong with you is a hangover."

"Naomi, my stomach is going crazy right now," he said.

"You done it to yourself," I said.

"I said later," he gritted through his teeth.

"You were the idiot to get drunk, not me," I shot back and he stood up.

"It's my life and I'll do what I want!" He yelled. "If you don't like it, stay out of it." I looked away and the door slammed shut. I looked and saw Jake was gone, I laid on the couch and I closed my eyes. I was not crying over him this time, no way.