Chapter 23 (Picture of Jace)

Naomi's POV

I was sitting back watching Netflix, Finding Nemo. Rachael just left with Cason to go to the prom.

I got up and I looked at the black bag, I unzipped it and looked at the dress. Jake doesn't even want to see me.

"You're going to that prom," I heard Levi and I looked at him.

"No," I said.

"Come on, let's show them who Naomi Hensley really is," he said.

"Fine," I said and he smiled.

Jake's POV

"So, my dress ripped and I had buy a new one," Lindsey rambled on and she kept talking. Justice came up and in front of Lindsey.

"Jake," He said. "Look." I looked and my eyes landed on Naomi, she looked wow. The dress was short and strapless, the top was gray and glittery, the sides were cutout to the back.

"She's beautiful," I said, then Levi came in beside her. He smiled at her and she smiled back, jealousy filled me but I looked away.

Naomi's POV

"Naomi," Levi said and I looked at him.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"I know me and Cason are here but still watch your back," he said. "You don't know what anyone might have up their sleeves."

"Look, I'm not worried about them," I said.

"Well Dre to-" I laughed.

"This is what you can tell Dre, that he can shove his help up his ass. He betrayed me and broke the code, family doesn't do that," I said.

"Skye, you can't do that," he said.

"I just did, he chose Lizzie over me, I've known him and I've been there for him since day one. Who would be there to fight for because it sure in hell won't be Lizzie," I hissed. "He won't be there for me anymore, I bet he'll do it again."

"Dre's our family Sky," he said.

"He's your family, he made his choice of who his girl was," I said. "Just drop it." I walked to the girls and they hugged me.

"You came," Leanna said.

"Levi made me," I said. "I didn't really feel like arguing with him."

"You still came and that's what counts," Macy said.

"Aaron hasn't spoke to you yet, has he?" I asked.

"No," she said. "Jake?"

"No,". I said.

"Come on, don't be glum," Simone said. "Let's have fun, i'ts prom." I smiled and laughed. We were dancing and laughing.

"Hey everyone," Principle Justice said and we looked at him. "Don't forget to vote prom queen and king." the music came back on.

I kept avoiding Jake, I couldn't risk seeing him. But I saw WS, Rex, Halley, Liam, some newbies. I saw Halley, she had on a strapless, short, white dress, it was tight on her. She has on heels and her face caked with makeup, I smirked and I looked away. Principle Justice walked up again.

"Ok, I have the results of this years prom king and queen," He said and he opened it, he looked. "Naomi Hensley," they clapped and cheered, Simone gave me a shove and I walked on the stage. They put the diamond tiara on me and have me a diamond looking wand thing. He looked at the second card. "And our king is," don't be Jake, please don't be Jake. "Jake." I saw Jake and I looked away, but I heard him walk up. I looked as they put the crown on him, he looked at me.

"Ok, the dance," Mrs. Moore said and I personally despised her right now. We danced and I was close to him, it ended and part of me wanted it to never end. Music started playing again and he walked away, I just went to the girls. I looked and my eyes met Liam's, they had sympathy in them. I looked away.

Every year at the prom, they have a slideshow of pictures. They started showing them and we were laughing at the funny ones. One came up, it was me and the girls at the school carwash. The boys whistled and we laughed. A picture came up of us, me and Jake were kissing and so was Macy and Aaron. The others were smiling, pain ached in my chest and I knew Macy felt the same. Another came and it was Jake and Lana kissing on the football field and more came. The last one got me, it was Jake and Halley kissing, I let it go. It was before we dated.

"I knew that bikini looked good on me," Simone said. "My big booty." she wiggled her butt and we laughed.

"All for Ethan," Macy said and smirked.

"Sho is," she said and bit her lip. I heard a loud noise and it got quiet. I saw someone had threw a phone against the wall and it was totaled. I got more scared when I saw who done it, it was Aaron. Jake and Justice wasn't any happier.

"Guys, what's wrong with Aaron?" Leanna asked.

"This is what's wrong," Simone said and we looked at a picture on her phone. It was a boy and a girl kissing, it was Macy and Alex.

"What?" Macy asked and Aaron looked at us. I could hear Macy's heart beating fast. I looked at Halley and she had a smirked on her face, oh hell no. I took off my heels and walked to her.

"Hensley," she said and smirked.

"You've done a lot of things but you crossed the line, Halley," I hissed.

"What'd I do?" She asked and I punched her.

"You're a bitch, that's what you are," I spat and she punched me. I stumbled back and people moved out of our way. I pushed her back. "You can mess with me but leave them out of it."

"I already did, that picture was two days ago," she spat. I clenched my fists. I looked at Jake and I had a disgusted look in my eyes, I couldn't cry. I was filled with more anger and hatred. I looked back at Halley, I punched her and we started to fight, it wasn't no girl fight either. Rex pulled me off and punched me.

"What'd I tell you Hensley?" He spat.

"Like I would listen to you!" I yelled and punched him but it never hit him. I looked to see my fist in someone hand, I looked at Jace. He was taller and more built, he had that smirk.

"Wrong move." he said and punched me, I stumbled back. I punched him and we fought. Someone pulled me off and Rex pulled Jace off. I shrugged Justice off and I walked to Jake.

"Naomi-" I punched him as hard as I could.

I ran through the people and out of the school. I ran to my car but I didn't have the key, Levi did. I didn't want to go back in there so I got out and of course it had to rain. I started to walk home. I couldn't get the image of her and him kissing, what else did they do? I couldn't imagine him sleeping with her, he wouldn't go that far, right?

That's when it all hit me, he kissed WS and he knew I despised her. Of all people, he chose her. I tied my hair back and I kept walking, I couldn't go home. Jake would come and I couldn't take it to see him, I honestly had nowhere to go. Well, there is one place.

I walked up the driveway and to the door, I knocked on it. I waited and a boy opened the door, he looked at me.

"Hi Marcus." I said and smirked.