Chapter 70

Jake's POV

I lookd up into her blue eyes as she looked at Casey and the twins. She smiled and nibbled her lip, Casey laid down and was so close to falling asleep. The twins were already asleep.

It was quiet and I was staring at Naomi, she was in such deep thought about probably nothing.

"Naomi," I said sudden and she jumped, she giggled.

"You scared me," she said and laid a hand on her chest. "What's up?"

"Why'd you stay after I hit you?" I asked and her smile slowly faded.

"That was um a long time ago babe," she said. "You don't wan-"

"No, answer the question," I said. "Why didn't you leave me? I punched you and slapped you. I made feel as if you were nothing, as if I could treat you anyway I wanted and you'd stay."

"Jake," she said softly. "It's complicated."

"Complicated? We hadn't had sex, we weren't serious, you had no reason to stay," I said.

"Who else would've stayed with you?" She asked softly. "You weren't use to love or affection. You needed someone and I was that someone, God always saves someone special and he gave me you."

"Cut the bullshit, why?" I asked.

"I felt bad," she said and laughed.

"You're mean," I said and hit her arm.

"But let me tell you this," she said and for closer, she pulled me up and she got close to my face. I had to refrain from just smashing my lips to her. "If you ever lay a hand on me again, I promise you, I will take the twins and Casey and I will leave you. Do you understand me?"

"Can I kiss you now?" I asked.

"Jake," she hissed.

"Yes baby, I promise you I'll never hit you again," I said. "I swear to you."

"Good," she said and pecked my lips so quick I could barely taste them.

"No," I said and pulled her back into the kiss. I pulled back. "I love those kisses."

"I know," she said and I reached up and touched her face.

Naomi's POV

His touch burned against my cheek, it sent tingles through my body. He sat up and he pulled me up, he sat me on his lap and I wrapped my legs around him. I had his face in my hands, I wrapped my arms around him and laid on his chest. His body shook from chuckling.

"You ok?" He asked.

"I'm sleepy," I said and yawned, he rubbed my back. The door opened and I heard multiple voices.

"Woah," I heard Macy, the opening opened and I looked at the group.

"I like this family," Justice said.

"Guys, I wanna take a nap," I said.

"We can sleep over," Simone said. "But we have to tell you something."

"What?" I asked with a little attitude.

"Lay down and shut up," Jake said pushing my head to his chest, I put my arms between us. "What's up guys?"

"Just wanted to hang out," Simone said.

"We thought maybe we cou-" I said.

"Shh," Jake said and I looked at him.

"Are you making the sound of your body bag?" I asked. "Shush me one more goddamn time."