Chapter 18

Naomi's POV

I woke up and took a shower, I got out and I shook out my hair. I got dressed and I grabbed my phone and book bag.

I peeked into Rachael's room and she was ready, I walked to Casey's room and Jake was dressing her. He kissed her forehead and she giggled.

"Dada," she said laughing, Jake looked taken back, I walked and stood beside him. She pulled my hair.

"Jake, a little help?" I asked and he helped me get loose. "I heard what she called you."

"Am I suppose to let her call me that?" He asked.

"I mean, you are going to be her dad," I said and he smiled, he picked her up and we walked downstairs. I gave her to Cynthia and we walked out to Jakes car, I looked at Rachael and she didn't have a mark on her face. I looked at Jake and he grabbed my hand, he drove to school. We got out and walked into the school, Rachael ran and hugged Corbin. He laughed and kissed her cheek.

"Hey Rach," he said and she smiled. We walked back them and Corbin smirked at me and I smirked back. We walked to the group and I looked back at them, Rachael had her hand over her mouth, I read their lips. "What's wrong?"

"I don't really want to have my first kiss yet," she said shyly and he touched her cheek.

"It's fine, I understand," he said and they intertwined hands.

"Naomi," Justice called and turned around.

"Huh?" I asked looking at them.

"You zoned out," Macy said.

"Ethan's where's Dre?" I asked.

"Probably ES," he said.

"Have you seen any of WS this morning?" I asked.

"I don't think so," he said and I looked back again and they were gone.

"Naomi, what's wrong?" Jake asked and I looked at him. "Your eyes are brown."

"That means she has a idea?" Ethan said and the bell rang, we walked to class and sat down.

"Ok, the other day we had a interesting lunch," Greene said and everyone looked at me.

"Why you gotta put me on blast?" I asked.

"Come up here and answer this," she said and I walked up and started writing. Someone whistled.

"Damn Mami," someone said and I rolled my eyes.

"Hey, that's my job," Jake said and we laughed.

"Here," I said and handed Greene the marker, I looked out the window and saw someone. I tackled Greene to the floor and a gunshot went off and came through the glass. They screamed and I got off her and she looked at me.

"Woah, what was that?" Garret asked.

"I don't know, I just reacted," I said and I stood up, I looked at Jake, I helped Greene up. The door flew open.

"Is everyone ok in here?" The Principle asked and my hands flew up.

"I didn't do it, I'm innocent," I said quickly.

"Naomi, we know you didn't do it, which is surprising," Jake said and I glared at him.

"So no one is hurt?" He asked and I looked and saw the bullet, I walked and pick it up. I looked at it.

"It's from a pistol, they had a silencer," I said.

"Ok, were in trouble," Hunter said.

"How?" Trey asked.

"Naomi just looked at a bullet and knew what gun it came from," Hunter said.

"Haha, very funny," I said sarcastically.

"We're going to send you guys home early," He said.

"All were going to hear about is this, it's going to be like Ebola," I said and we walked out. I walked with Jake to his car and Rachael got in. He drove home and we got out, we sat on the couch and turned on the TV. It had the news on and it was saying the weather.

"We just got a report that Justice hill high school was shot at," the reporter said. "No one was hurt and it says one student saved their teacher from the shot."

"We don't know the name of the student," a woman said.

"That's impressive acting fast," he said.

"This week is going to be-" I turned off the tv.

"Ugh!" I groaned.

"It's going to be fine," Jake said and rubbed my back.

"We have that field trip next weekend," I said.

"Yeah," he said. "I'm kinda happy, it gives us a break."

"Yeah," I said. "I need one."

"Come here, princess," he said and I climbed on his lap and laid on his chest. He hugged me and I snuggles closer. "I'm just glad you're ok, my baby girl." I smiled and kissed him.

~*~

"Load up kids," Mr. Harris said and we got on the buses and I sat with Jake. I put in my head phones and laid my head on his shoulder. Before I knew if we were at the airport, we split up and I sat in my seat which was next to the aisle, Jake sat next to me, then Leanna sat at the window. I was a little nervous but that's because I've never been on a plane. The speaker came on and said lift off, I felt it move and I looked out the window and we were going up.

"So, Cynthia's going to watch Casey?" Jake asked.

"Jake, Casey's going to be fine," I said and smiled. I laid on Jakes shoulder and closed my eyes, the plane shook a little which was turbulence, I grabbed Jakes hand.

"Ok, you're the tech person, what's wrong?" Jake asked.

"It's turbulence," I said but I was lying, something was wrong.

"Everyone, remain calm and put on your seat belts," The flight attendant said and we listened, it leaned down like we were falling. We were going down, I looked out the window and saw the clouds. I couldn't hold it in anymore.

"Tell him to flipped the blue switch and turn off the green!" I yelled and she looked at me weird. "Now!" She ran to the front and then the plane got steady, my heart was pounding so fast and everyone looked at me. I looked at Jake, I fell asleep and we arrived at the airport and we had to go through the security check. After we finally got done, Mr. Lents walked up to me.

"Ok, that was amazing. How'd you know what to do?" He asked.

"Lucky guess," I said in more of a question. I looked and saw Rico, he was talking to a girl and she laughed as he smiled. We walked to the buses and got on, they were still freaked out a little. I walked to the bus and got on, I sat beside Jake and he looked at me. He leaned down and pecked my lips.

I looked out the window and already saw we were at the hotel. "You know we can't share a room, right?"

"Yeah," I answered. "We'll live."

"Maybe," he said and I rolled my eyes at him. We got off and everyone was talking and the teacher was trying to get their attention. I walked to the table and stood on it.

"Aye!" I yelled and it got quiet.

"Thanks Naomi," Davis said and I got down. She started talking and explaining about what was going on. "You are ready to go." we claimed our rooms, we had to get ready for bed, I laid down and I think everyone fell asleep at the same time.