Chapter 19

Naomi's POV

We all met downstairs that morning and I met up with Jake, he wrapped his arm around my shoulders. We all got on the bus and drove to an building. We got in there and we got our seats and sat down, Davis walked on the stage and everyone got quiet.

"Everyone, I want you to be respectful to Mrs. Hans," she said and a woman walked out.

"Thank you," she said and took the microphone. "I wanted to tell you guys a story today, I remember my mom telling me when I was younger," she sat on the stool. "There was a girl, she was in middle school and a new boy came to her school. She was instantly friends with him and they always were together. One day she saw a bruise on him and he told her that his dad would hurt him but she couldn't tell. She listened to him not wanting to lose him as a friend, she said he was always smiling hiding the hurt. Someone found out what was going on and he had to move, he told her that everything was going to be ok, to always smile and don't feel bad for him."

"Who was the boy and girl?" Macy asked.

"That's classified," she said. "but she knows who she is."

"She's in here?" Darius asked.

"Yep," she said. "It's her choice if she wants to share or not." Everyone looked around but no one stood up. We soon left and went out to the buses.

~

We got off the plane and walked through the airport, we got on the bus and went to the school.

We got back to the school and I rode with Jake home and I walked inside. I walked upstairs to my room and I took a shower, I got changed and walked to Casey's room. I picked her up and walked back downstairs, I sat on the floor and started playing with her and Jake walked in.

"There's my little girl," Jake said and picked her up and kissed her cheek.

"Dada." she said and smiled.

"You'll be a great dad." I said and he sat down and she crawled to me.

"Casey," Jake said and fake pouted and she giggled. I helped her stand up and she walked over to him slowly and wobbling. She made it and she fell but he caught her, she scratched his face. "Ow," She kissed his cheek. I heard the door shut and footsteps going upstairs. Jake looked at me and walked in the kitchen. Casey grabbed a glass figure and I grabbed it and popped her hand.

"No Casey," I said sternly and she poked her lip out, she started crying and I walked in the kitchen as Jake walked out. I made Casey some food and I knew what Jake was doing. "Don't baby her Jake!"

"How do you do that?" He asked.

"Mom instincts," I said and I walked back out. "She got in trouble. If she knows you'll baby her she'll never learn."

"She only 10 months," he said.

"That's the age where you start teaching them right from wrong Jake," I said and she was playing with her toys. "I watched my mom with her, I got this Jake," I sat beside him na she wrapped his arm around me. "Are you sure you're ready for parenthood?"

"I'll have to learn sooner or later. I guess it'll just be sooner." he said and the door opened and Rico walked in.

"Hey Rico," I said. "What's up?"

"Is Rachael here?" He asked.

"Yeah, she's in her room," I said. "Why?"

"You didn't hear what happened?" He asked.

"No." I said.

"She slapped the hell out of Corbin," he said. "and they broke up."

"Did he hit her?" I asked.

"Do you really think I would be standing her if he hit her?" He asked. "Do you think I can go talk to her?"

"Sure." I said and he walked upstairs.

Rachael's POV

My door opened but didn't look to see who it was.

"Rachael." I heard Rico's voice and I looked at him.

"Did you see?" I asked.

"Yeah." he said softly and sat on the bed.

"I'm sorry." I said and hugged him.

"For what?" He asked.

"I liked you and I still dated Corbin." I said.

"Hey, sh," he said and rubbed my back. "Why'd you slap him?"

"Because, he was looking at another girl and then he just acted like I wasn't there," I said. "So I slapped him and ran."

"Just as long as he didn't hit you." he said softly and I looked up at him.

"At first, I thought you hated me," I said.

"Rachael, I couldn't ever hate you," he said and kissed my forehead. "Wanna go downstairs?" I nodded and walked to the bathroom and washed my face, we walked down and Naomi and Jake were arguing. Naomi slapped Jake and his head flew left.

"Just go Jake." she spat and Jake got closer, she turned her face making him kiss her cheek. Rico pulled me back and Jake walked out and slammed the door, she fell on the floor and started crying.

"Rico, go get Casey and put her in the crib." I said and he nodded.

Naomi's POV

"Mimi, what happened?" Rachael asked and she came and gave me a hug.

"Jake being a ass," I said. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah, Rico cheered me up." she said and I felt her smiled and I smiled.

"Rico likes you Rach, he cares about you." I whispered and she looked at me.

"I really like him but why would he like me now?" She whispered.

"Rico came to cheer you up about a boy Rach," I said and we stood up. "I'm going to bed."

"Night." she said and I walked upstairs to my room. I put on basketball shorts and a cami, I crawled in my bed and laid down.

I felt the bed dip in and a arm snake around my waist, they pulled me closer and I turned over and saw Jake.

"I'm sorry." he said.

"I'm sorry too." I said and cuddled into his chest and I drifted off to sleep.