Chapter 48

Naomi's Pov

I woke up and got dressed, I got my book bag and phone. I walked downstairs and met Rachael, we walked out to my car and got in. We got to the school and got out, we walked in the school. We walked to the group and Jake was talking to Justice.

"Hey Naomi." Simone said, I peeked at Jake. His eyes met mine and smirked, I dropped my book bag on the floor and I unzipped it. I pulled out Jakes shirt and threw it at him.

"It didn't do any help just so you know," I said. "She was freezing." He looked at the wet shirt.

"Is she ok?" he asked.

"Why would you care?" I asked. "It's your fault."

"Naomi-"

"Save it Jake, you had no right to do that to her," I said. "She was still shaking and crying, she wanted your pathetic ass."

"Naomi, I thought you were gonna leave her." he said.

"You thought wrong," I snapped. "I trusted you and it made me look like a fool. I went to someone who didn't care."

"If I didn't care, why did I warm her up Naomi?" He asked. "You too."

"But it ended up I had to warm her up all over again," I said. "Both of us." He looked down.

"I'm sorry." he said.

"Bye Jake." I said and grabbed my book bag and walked to class.

The bell rang and I walked to my locker, free period.

"Yo, where's Jake?" Justice asked.

"He doesn't have a class," Simone said. "Probably went home, he's been silent all day."

"He deserves it." I mumbled.

"Naomi." Leanna said.

"What?" I asked.

"I've never seen Jake like this," she said. "Whatever he did, he feels terrible."

"It doesn't matter." I said.

"Jake already left." Macy said. "He said he had to see someone."

"See someone?" Simone asked. "He's seeing someone?"

"Casey." I said to myself, I walked down the hall and to my car. I drove home and I walked into my house, I walked upstairs and into my room. I stopped and I saw them. Jake and Casey, his arm wrapped around her. They were asleep, he looked so protective. I saw her coloring books and some of her toys. I bit my lip and I picked them up, I walked to them and I started to picked up Casey but Jakes grip got tighter. "Jake, let go."

"She's fine," he said and looked at me. "I'll leave later, I just wanted to spend a little time with her." I kissed Casey's cheek and I looked at Jake, I stood up again.

"I'll go get something to eat." I said and he nodded, he closed his eyes again. I walked to the bathroom and I went back to get my phone. I looked out the crack and saw Casey look at Jake and she laid her head down again.

"Hey babygirl." Jake said softly.

"Dada." she said sleepy and he smiled at her.

"Can I have a kiss?" He asked and she gave him one. "Who's daddy's girl?" She smiled showing her two bottom teeth. "I love you McKenna." he touched her face. "I love mommy too but she won't believe daddy, because I'm a idiot. I'm the one sent you in the rain, she's right. I am pathetic." She stuck her thumb in her mouth. "I can't believe I'm about to lose two of the most important girls in my life." A tear rolled down my cheek and I wiped it. I opened the door and Jake shot up and looked at me. "Hey Naomi."