Chapter 35

Naomi's Pov

I was laying on my bed doing my homework, no texts from Jake, and I'm bored as hell. Someone knocked on my door and I looked to see Jake, I flipped over and smiled. Until I saw his face, he was about to crack any second.

"Jake baby," I said softly and he walked me and climbed on the bed. "Come here," I pulled him into my chest and he cried, I played with his hair. "Jake, what's wrong?" He was making me tear up, this was Jake Monroe. He doesn't cry.

"Just be quiet," he said and I tried to wipe his tears, but he pushed my hand away. "Go away." I kissed his cheek and I intertwined my hand with his and he kissed it. I was playing candy crush and he got up and walked to the bathroom. I felt so bad I couldn't help him, he walked back in and he got on the bed.

"You ok?" I asked and he looked at me, he shook his head no.

"No." he said.

"Baby, what's wrong?" I asked.

"The stuff they did to her," he said. "She's 14."

"Who Jake?" I asked.

"Justice," he said and wiped his eyes. "Her parents left her in a trap house when she was only 3. What 3 year old needs to know what a trap house is?"

"Welcome to how bad parents can be." I said and he shot me a look that made me flinch.

"The stuff they did to her in the foster homes was, disgusting and just ridiculous," he started and he looked so mad. "What you went through, is nothing what she went through Naomi." his eyes were tearing up again.

"Babe, stop crying before I cry," I said and chuckled but he didn't. "That bad?"

"The stuff she knows, is stuff I didn't know until I was like 15," He said and I moved his hair from his face. "I told her she shouldn't joke about her battle scars, they were battle scars. She cuts, she still does, she gets scared every time she's hungry because of what they use to feed her. They feed her dog food, one of the families treated her literally like a dog. She had to sleep in a kennel, she ate and drunk from a dog bowl, and they heard stomach growl. She would have to do tricks to get dog treats."

"Jake, you're not use to this stuff." I said and he looked at me.

"What's that suppose to mean?" He asked harsh.

"The abuse stories." I said and he looked at me.

"I've seen kids walked into some of these foster homes with bruises and scars up and down their body." he said.

"You've seen it, but baby you haven't heard the stories," I said. "They can get worse Jake."

"Well I'm so sorry I just listened to what they made that little girl do," he hissed. "She's already got high, got drunk, her brother gave her a cootie shot as she calls it, she's not a virgin, and she's not even 15." I flinched and blinked back the tears.

"Jake, calm down that's not what I meant." I said.

"Why are you crying?" He asked.

"Because you're yelling at me Cameron," I said softly. "I'm sorry." his face softened.

"Babydoll, come here," he said and pulled me into his chest. "We're not doing the crying."

"I know." I said and he wiped my eyes and pecked my lips.

"I love you." he said.

"I love you too," I said, I walked to the bathroom and washed my face. I walked out and Jake looked at me. I struck a pose. "Werk it, werk it, werk it, fierce." he laughed and so did I, my phone rang. "Yeah?" I climbed on the bed and laid on Jake.