Chapter 3 (Picture of Casey)

Naomi's POV

Ethan was standing right there, I couldn't move and I couldn't speak.

"Hey Karen," Ethan said.

"Hey, what're you doing here?" Mom asked.

"Mom wanted to know if I could stay here tonight because she has to go out of town," Ethan said.

"Sure," she said and Ethan looked at me, I quickly looked away and walked back to my room, I sat on my bed again.

"Who was it?" Jake asked and I was about to answer.

"Naomi!" Mom yelled.

"What?" I yelled back.

"Come here!" She yelled and I rolled my eyes.

"Don't touch anything or I will break your hands," I threatened and I walked downstairs, I saw him. He looked at me.

"Hey," he said.

"Hey," I said and Ethan walked to me.

"Are you still mad at me?" He asked and I slapped him and he looked at me. "Yep, you're still mad."

"Don't you expect me to be mad, Ethan?" I asked.

"How many times do I have to apologize?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Sorry couldn't fix that Ethan," I said.

"Then what can Skye?" He asked. "You were my best friend, I can't stand you being mad at me anymore."

"What you did isn't what friends do, you left me when I needed you," I said and he done this look where he knows I'll give in. "Stop with the look."

"Please Skye," he said and I bit my lip.

"Fine," I gave in and Jake and Caden came down.

"When is the food gonna be ready?" Caden asked.

"In a little," Jason said.

"Skye, is Casey here?" Ethan asked.

"Yeah," I said and I heard her cry. "I got her." I started walking to her room, I picked her up and walked downstairs. Jake and Caden walked behind me and Jake's phone rung and he pulled it out.

"Hello?" Jake answered. "Somewhere. I don't care. No, I'm not home. Wait where? Are you sure?" Jake peeked at me. "When?" I looked confused but nervous at the same time. "Fine, I'll be there." he hung up and looked at me.

"What?" I asked and he shook his head and walked to Caden.

"I gotta go," Jake said.

"Wait, where are you going?" Caden asked.

"I got some business to handle," he said and he left.

"Caden, what was that?" I asked.

"I have a feeling Jake's about to go hulk on someone," he said.

"Why'd you let him go then?" I snapped.

"Because the person he's going after probably deserves it," Caden said.

"Hold up, if he kept looking at me, why'd I matter?" I asked. "I mean, I'm not the one right?"

"No, Jake doesn't fight girls," he said. I was still curious of where Jake went but I knew mom wouldn't let me leave to go find him.

Shortly after we ate and I kept watching the door, waiting for Jake to come back. He never did.

~*~