3,2,1 Happy New Year!

ALISHA

What do you do on new year? Maybe go out with family or friends, party out, wait until midnight and then yell out happy new year? Yeah, we did that too, but we just spent more bucks than the normal people.

First, we booked months in advance for VIP lounges and high security clubs and hotels. That required tons of money, trust me. Then, you decide to take a private jet or book almost the entire business and first class of a plane so the entire family, friends and staff can fit in. Later, before the New Year, you splurge even more than you already have on the last minute shopping, especially at the airport or some destination of yours. Like we did in Dubai, but then again we never got much time. Finally, after spending so much for one night, that night arrives.

And then you don’t really know what to wear.

“Malaika, Rosalie, wardrobe crisis!” I yelled through the houses and found both of them in my room in twenty seconds flat.

“We have intercoms, you know?” Malaika sighed, sitting on my bed. She had put an ugly green face pack as usual, and Rosalie and drying off her glitter nails.

“They’re no fun.” I grumbled, showing them three dresses.

“Grey, Blue or Orange?”

“Blue.” They both replied in unison and I scrunched my nose.

“Grey it is.” I nodded and they both shot daggers at me.

“Why did you call us here?” Rosalie asked and I shrugged

“You are both girlie, and since you both like this dress, which I thought was girlie and it is now proven- I’m not wearing it.” The look on their faces? Priceless. It was fun to troll both of them, because they acted like sisters. They couldn’t reply for several seconds till they started yelling and screeching on top pitch.

I went into the walk in closet to wear the dress as I could hear them yelling at me and calling me ‘unbelievable’. I took five seconds to put on the dress, and another ten seconds to wear the perfect shoes with it.

“Now that is sexiness.” Malaika gawked at my base outfit and I beamed. She saying it was right was everything to me, because for me she was the fashion queen.

“Hell now the blue dress feels boring.” Rosalie pouted and I sat down. The royal blue pumps had done the deal, the outfit went from dull to fierce and outgoing. They were contrasting, and it was dangerous to wear them together. I was sure the so-called fashion police may also hate me for this stunt, but I cared the least now. I was happy and bright tonight, and I was gonna showcase that.

“Ah ok I feel insecure now. I need to get ready too.” Rosalie went into her room to get ready but Malaika stayed there.

“You’ve grown up so much. I feel like it was yesterday you used to insist on coming outdoors in your leos.” She giggled, looking me up and down.

“Malaika!” I whined, embarrassed. Yes, there as this certain age when I threw a tantrum if they made me get out of my leos. That was not cool, trust me. She giggled again and left the room, closing the door behind her.

Makeup wasn’t the problem, because for some reason it came to me quick. I didn’t hassle over it much- just my usual sensual eyes, nude lips and I was done getting ready. Satisfied with my look I smiled at my reflection just as Arbaaz came in with Arhaan.

“Dee-dee.” Arhaan came to me and pulled on the dress.

“Aww, someone looks dashing.” I got down on my knees and he smiled at me nonchalantly.