Jonas concert

ALISHA

Have you ever tried to set up an entire concert in four days? Nope? Yeah, not even me. Hell, I hadn’t even paid attention to what our team was doing, and now that the concert had sold out in just a few minutes after releasing tickets, I had the details in my hand. I wasn’t supposed to look after it, but the head of the event met with an unfortunate accident a few days ago. So, everything came tumbling down, because nobody knew how to operate without her.

So, it was up to me now.

“Guys, the stage has to be revolving slowly.” I snapped into the microphone. If the speed remained this, they would fly off the stage.

“Is this fine?” a technician asked, pressing a few buttons and playing with a few switches backstage.

“Yeah, cool.” I gave him thumbs up and went to the security to check what was going on over there. Thankfully, a few experts in theatre were looking after lighting and display, so I had some relief over there.

“We have extra barriers in case of some stupid teenage girls.” The security head replied, pointed towards the metal barriers.

“Stupid teenage girls. Ok.” I tried to hide my smiled and he looked humiliated. After all, he had indirectly called me stupid on my freaking face when I was pissed to the core.

“Miss, I didn’t mean to…”

“Nah, you’re right. I am kinda stupid.” I scrunched my nose and broke into a smile. He started to breathe again. I wasn’t really scared about the security, he had made sure every aspect of it was taken care of.

“How’s it going?” Sohail came in with his bodyguards in tow and I could hear his fans outside squealing their heads off. I wondered how he managed to live like that every day of his life, but then in the end he was someone who enjoyed attention.

“On schedule. I just need to check the instruments, I guess they’ve plugged it all in.” I checked with the technicians and got someone to play the instruments for once. They worked perfect, and it was almost set. All we had to do was rehearsals tomorrow morning, and then kick off with a sound check and the final charity concert.

It was almost 12 am, so we made sure we made transport arrangements for everyone who lived far away, especially women. Sohail was driving the Land Rover, and I always felt like I was in some kind of a military tank when riding in one.

“Can’t we go to the airport?” I begged Mike Tyson for the billionth time that morning. It felt like the night just swept by, and here I was, in the stadium ready for a smashing concert. It was beyond 10am, and Dimitri had been graceful enough to make me wake up at four am and train if I wanted to be here today. That, of course, meant only four hours of sleep but then the restlessness put all the laziness at bay.

“Do you want to start a riot?” Mike hissed at me and I looked down.

“No.”

“So better stay here, and keep it easy for both their security and yours.” I grumbled under my breath and went to sit on one of the chairs as someone came up to be with a minor last-minute doubt.

“Oh yeah, definitely live to party.” I heard Joe’s voice boom through the room and I looked behind me to see them all entering. Big Rob was shielding them all with help of the other bodyguards, but it was almost impossible to contain the thousands of their fans gathered outside already.

“My monkey!” Joe exclaimed on seeing me, attempted to come running down, tripped over one of the wires and fell right on the seats. I cracked up with laughter with everyone else as one of the stage crew helped him up.